Light of the Naaru
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Restore Health, Summon|
Restore 3 Health. If the target is still damaged, summon a Lightwarden.
"Light it up!" - Command given to both Lightwardens and Goblins holding Flamecannons.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Light of the Naaru||100||20|
|Golden Light of the Naaru||800||100|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- If combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow, this spell will instead deal damage (and will also be affected by Spell Damage bonuses): if its target is damaged (including being mortally wounded), it will summon a Lightwarden.
- If this spell is golden or if the targeted minion or hero is golden, the summoned Lightwarden will also be golden.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Although 3 Health for 1 mana is often a good deal, you are not using the spell to its full potential if you do not summon a Lightwarden. It is best to use this on your hero or a minion that is attacked often. You hero almost always has less than 27 Health, and will remain damaged, thus causing the Lightwarden to be summoned. High Health damaged minion such as Oasis Snapjaw are also good targets for summoning the Lightwarden.
However, in some situations it will be more important to heal a particular target, regardless of maximum Health, with the result that the Lightwarden is not summoned. Allowing a critical minion to survive combat or an incoming onslaught can be more important than the Lightwarden, but the choice should always be carefully considered.
If you are using health=damage effects such as Auchenai Soulpriest this spell will deal 3 damage, and then check if the target is damaged, so casting it on an enemy target with four or more health will always deal damage and give you a Lightwarden.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The naaru are a dimension-traveling race of living, sentient energy beings, with a deep affinity for the Holy Light of Creation that empowers the paladins of Azeroth. The naaru blessed the draenei with this power in an effort to help them in their struggle. They are bent on stopping the Burning Legion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Reign of Fire" series, for the card Alana the Hopebringer.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3l7rl6/interesting_light_of_the_naru_interaction/ Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch)
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-03).
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-02).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-02-12).