Lifesteal is an ability which causes damage dealt by a card to also restore that much Health to the controlling player's hero. Lifesteal minions on the battlefield are marked by a broken heart at the bottom of their portraits.
Prior to Patch 22.214.171.12457, Lifesteal was represented by the text "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero".
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whenever a Lifesteal card deals damage, it will restore the exact same amount of Health to its controlling hero too.
- If Betrayal is cast upon a minion with Lifesteal, the Lifesteal effect will activate once for each minion hit.
- If a Lifesteal card deals damage to a minion protected by Divine Shield, it will deal 0 damage and thus also restore 0 Health, while also removing the Divine Shield.
- As with all healing effects, if combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow Lifesteal cards will instead deal damage to the controlling hero. Because this damage is not counted as damage dealt by the Lifesteal card itself, however, the effect will not trigger a second time.
- It is currently unknown how Lifesteal spells interact with Hallazeal the Ascended, though most likely the healing effect will simply trigger twice (once for the Lifesteal effect, and once for Hallazeal's own effect).
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Siphon Life||None||Hero Power||Warlock||2||Hero Power|
Deal 3 damage.
|Acolyte of Agony||Common||Minion||General||Priest||3||3||3||Lifesteal It takes many years of practiced study in order to fully master agony.|
|Bloodworm||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||5||4||4||Lifesteal Queen Lana'thel insists on one of these, fried, every morning for breakfast.|
Lifesteal It slices, it dices, it vaporizes! The Chillblade will make a Champion out of even the lowliest gnome.
|Deadscale Knight||Common||Minion||Murloc||Any||1||1||1||Lifesteal His favorite spell is Chum Explosion.|
Deal 2 damage to a minion. Cleans even the toughest clogs with just a flick of the wrist!
|Leeching Poison||Common||Spell||Rogue||2||Give your weapon Lifesteal. No actual leeches were harmed in the creation of this card.|
Deal 1 damage to all minions. We've got spirit, yes we do! We've got spirit, stolen from you!
|Corpsetaker||Epic||Minion||General||Any||4||3||3||Battlecry: Gain Taunt if your deck has a Taunt minion. Repeat for Divine Shield, Lifesteal, Windfury. Her extensive collection of corpses includes one of nearly every type. She'd love for you to join it.|
|Obsidian Statue||Epic||Minion||General||Priest||9||4||8||Taunt. Lifesteal.|
Deathrattle: Destroy a random enemy minion. The original artist spent many hours with a fine chisel perfecting the facial expression for maximum tauntiness.
Has +1 Attack for each card you've discarded this game. As a young blood-princess she learned the proper way for a lady to curtsy, how to address fellow members of royalty, and how to bite them.
|Prince Valanar||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||4||4||4||Battlecry: If your deck has no 4-Cost cards, gain Lifesteal and Taunt. Three Princes stand before you. This one devours one after another.|
|Wickerflame Burnbristle||Legendary||Minion||General||Paladin||3||2||2||Divine Shield, Taunt, Lifesteal Wickerflame spent years as a recruit for the Goons, never making the big-time because he always fired his chest-cannon too slowly. "Hey," he thought, "maybe if I keep my beard lit on fire, I can do this faster." BOOM, promoted.|
|Showing all 14 cards|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the introduction of the Lifesteal keyword in Patch 126.96.36.19957, if a Lifesteal card dealt damage while combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow, the converted Lifesteal healing would count as damage dealt by the Lifesteal card itself. This would cause the Lifesteal card's effect to trigger again and again, resulting in an infinite loop of damage until the controlling player's hero was killed. More precisely, the infinite loop was believed to stop once the hero had been in negative Health following three consecutive triggers or after 61 triggers, whichever happened first. In Knights of the Frozen Throne, this interaction was changed to deal damage only once.
- When a Lifesteal effect restores health to the controlling player's hero, the healing is accompanied by a purple cloud-like visual effect identical to that of Drain Life.
- Holy Fire, Drain Life, and Tidal Surge were not changed into Lifesteal spells with the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne, as they always restore the same amount of Health to the controlling hero and changing them to Lifesteal would cause the healing to scale with Spell Damage. In the case of Drain Life, Game Director Ben Brode has also expressed a reluctance to add a new keyword to the Basic set.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5257 (2017-08-08): This effect is now named as Lifesteal. Lifesteal minions on the battlefield now have a unique icon at the bottom of their portraits.
References[edit | edit source]
|By minion type|
|By effect type|
|By card set|