Lady Vashj (hero)
- For other appearances of Lady Vashj, see Lady Vashj (disambiguation).
- Lady Vashj was born in the city of Vashj'ir, where her mother, Lestharia Vashj, was the high leader and matron. She somehow left her homeland, and came to the city of Zin-Azshari, capital of the night elves, sometime before the War of the Ancients. Once chief among Queen Azshara's handmaidens, Vashj became one of the serpentine naga when Azshara and her followers were sent to the bottom of the sea during the Great Sundering.
- Ten thousand years later, Vashj answered Illidan Stormrage's call and followed him first to Lordaeron, where she met up with Kael'thas Sunstrider and rallied his blood elves to Illidan's cause, and then to Outland when Illidan deposed Magtheridon as lord of the shattered world. As the leader of Illidan's naga, Vashj and her followers set up a shop in Coilfang Reservoir in Zangarmarsh, where the naga began to pump the lakes into their underground lair. During the invasion of Outland, adventurers invaded the Serpentshrine Cavern where Vashj made her lair and slew the Coilfang matron, her dying breath an apology to her master.
How to get
Vashj is unavailable to new players. It's unknown if she will become available again.
Lady Vashj was only obtainable by purchasing the Ashes of Outland Mega Bundle, which was only purchasable with real money.
Once unlocked and selected for use, Lady Vashj replaces Thrall whenever playing with a Shaman deck. Vashj comes with her own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using Vashj's Hero Power, Totemic Call (or its upgraded version, Totemic Slam).
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
When viewed in the Collection, Vashj has the following flavor text:
- Handmaiden to Queen Azshara, Lieutenant to Illidan Stormrage. Also responsible for many people's fear of swimming.
|Thanks||My thanks to you.|
|Mirror Greetings||Me? An outsider? What nonsense.|
|Threaten||I'll split you from stem to stern!|
|Attack||Taste my sting!|
|Concede||You are victorious... this time.|
|Opening remark||Your time ends now!|
|Opening vs Maiev Shadowsong||Ah, the little warden.|
|Opening vs Morgl the Oracle||The sea calls you home, little one.|
|Opening vs Tyrande Whisperwind||Ten thousand years, and still you annoy me.|
|Opening vs Illidan Stormrage||It is an honor, Lord Illidan.|
|Mirror start||I will find a way to survive.|
|Thinking ||Such choices...|
|Thinking ||<exasperated sigh>|
|Running out of time||Time is short!|
|Almost out of cards||I am low on cards.|
|Out of cards||I do not have any cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||I have too many minions.|
|Error: Generic||Out of the question.|
|Error: Hand already full||My hand is too full.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||My dear, I am EXHAUSTED!|
|Error: Minion not ready||No, no, that one must rest.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That one already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I need mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||Give me a weapon.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I cannot play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||That one is in stealth.|
|Error: Not a valid target||I require a target!|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||Do you see that fool taunting me?|
|Selection in Arena||Seek your mark!|
|Lunar New Year Greetings||Happy New Year!|
|Winter Veil Greetings||No one holidays like the Highborne!|
|Noblegarden Greetings||You call THIS Noblegarden? All the nobles are under the sea!|
|Hallow's End Greetings||It is Hallow’s END? I was there when Hallow’s BEGAN!|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||I'd like to pour some cold water on this ridiculous Fire Festival.|
|When playing Forked Lightning||Watch your manners!|
|When playing Mutate||There is power in change.|
|When playing Lightning Storm||Leave none standing!|
|When playing Earth Shock||This shall calm you!|
|When playing Ancestral Spirit||I know the old ways.|
|When playing Serpent Ward||<dark laugh>|
|When playing Witch's Brew||Delicious.|
|When playing Everyfin is Awesome||The bigger the fins, the bigger the wins.|
|When playing Unstable Evolution||I used to be a night elf, you know.|
|Sorry||That was... unfortunate.|
- Patch 220.127.116.11246 (2020-03-17): Added.
|1,000 wins portraits|
|Book of Heroes portraits|
|Free heroes: promotional and special events|
|Purchasable heroes: pre-orders and limited availability|