Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Krag'wa, the Frog
Battlecry: Return all spells you played last turn to your hand.
Krag'wa has a ritual to honor his friends and a ritual to devour his enemies. No one can tell them apart.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Krag'wa, the Frog||1600||400|
|Golden Krag'wa, the Frog||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Krag'wa returns spells played last turn in a random order back to the hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Krag'wa can be used to refill your hand with spells once you've used most of your spells. Examples of this being useful include:
- Additional burn damage with Malygos, or more Eureka! spells to summon another Malygos from your hand
- Several overload synergies to give your Likkim weapon +2 attack, trigger Thunderhead effects
- More board-clearing spells, or minion-buffing spells, such as Volcano or Bloodlust
- Healing cards for surviving longer, such as Healing Rain
Overall, Krag'wa is a very strong value card for spell-oriented Shaman decks.
Notably, if you used Unstable Evolution the last turn, Krag'wa will return all copies played as fresh copies.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Tiny flies, flee before me!
- A quick snack.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Krag'wa the Huge is a frog loa worshiped by the Zandalari. He can be found at Krag'wa's Burrow located in the Frogmarsh in Nazmir. Krag'wa is a physically powerful loa, able to leap long distances and use his weight and tongue to devastate scores of enemies. He is also quite impulsive and demanding, requesting large amounts of offerings and food from his followers. He appears to be the father of the dire toads that inhabit the swamps of Zandalar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the development of Rastakhan's Rumble, Krag'wa was at one point planned to be the loa for the warrior team in place of Akali, with one iteration being an 8-mana 7/7 minion with "Battlecry: Draw the 3 highest Cost minions from your deck". The shaman team were instead planned to worship Bethekk, the Panther as their loa. However, Team 5 ultimately decided to cut Bethekk and move Krag'wa to the shaman team instead as they felt that they already had a lot of big cats with Halazzi and Shirvallah and frogs were "a little bit sillier and funnier than panthers". In terms of gameplay, the original design for Bethekk was deemed too extreme, so Krag'wa was designed to instead have a more midrange-oriented card-generating ability.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Cam Shea (2019-02-04). Hearthstone: Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala on Designing Key Rastakhan Cards. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-02-06.