Spell Damage +1
In the old days, Kobolds were the finest candle merchants in the land. Then they got pushed too far...
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Kobold Geomancer are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warlock class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Kobold Geomancer costs 2 mana and is a 2/2 minion with 1 Spell Damage. Because he is a cheap Spell Damage minion, you might want to save him for an instant Spell Damage buff right before casting a spell, minimizing the chances of him being removed before you have the chance to make use of his ability. Relative to other Spell Damage minions, the Kobold's low cost makes him easier to play the same turn as spells, making him ideal for this type of play. It also makes him an excellent choice for Spell Damage buffs in the early game.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You no take candle!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Kobolds are rat-like humanoids that dwell in underground tunnels and spend their lives mining, primarily for gold. They evolved from troggs.They are cowardly, cringing folk who live in fear of larger races and rarely venture outside their tunnels. However, while not powerful individually, they congregate in large numbers and can prove a nuisance and occasionally a danger.
- Kobolds live in tunnels going deep into the Alterac and Redridge Mountains. Kobolds are most at home in the dark underground, as bright light causes them discomfort. As they cannot, however, see perfectly in the dark, kobolds also have a great affinity for candles.
- Kobolds are cowardly and flee from most combat. Nonetheless, they are tenacious and fierce when cornered, so when their lairs (or candles) are threatened, they attack with abandon. Unfortunately for them, they are not particularly intelligent and their tactics leave much to be desired: though they are naturally stealthy, they use this ability for escape more than ambush, and they usually try to overwhelm opponents with large numbers rather than defeat them using strategic cunning. Further, kobolds are sometimes so cowardly that they refuse to help their friends when they fall under attack nearby – these craven creatures will simply go about their business (sweating in fear all the while) and hope that the troublesome adventurers will leave them alone.
- Kobolds trade the gold and other minerals they unearth to goblins and other patrons for all the goods they need to survive; occasionally they purchase protection as well. They will take over abandoned mines and scavenge equipment whenever they can do so safely.
- The grimy, vermin-like kobolds dwell deep within the crags and rocky caves of the Redridge Mountains. These slovenly creatures are best known for their penchant for digging and their underground excavations. Most recently, the Kobolds have found themselves falling prey to the merciless Riverpaw Pack of Gnolls. These cunning Gnolls have proven themselves to be merciless taskmasters, forcing the Kobolds into an existence of neverending drudgery. Since their enslavement, the historically meek Kobolds have grown bitter and aggressive toward any creature that meddles with their ceaseless labor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Fool's Gold.