Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
Kirin Tor Mage
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify cost, Set attribute|
Battlecry: The next Secret you play this turn costs (0).
The Kirin Tor reside in the floating city of Dalaran. How do you make a Dalaran float? Two scoops of ice cream, one scoop of Dalaran.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Kirin Tor Mage can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Kirin Tor Mage can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Kirin Tor Mage||100||20|
|Golden Kirin Tor Mage||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player: this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus. This enchantment sets the mana cost of Secret cards in your hand to 0, but wears off as soon as you play a Secret or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
- Example: If you have two mage Secrets in hand and play Kirin Tor Mage, both Secret cards will show to cost 0 mana; however, after you play the first Secret for 0 mana, the second one will display and cost 3 mana.
- Example: If you play a Kirin Tor Mage and immediately after a Kabal Lackey, Secret cards in tour hand will show to cost 0 mana; however, after you play the first Secret for 0 mana, if you have other mage Secrets in your hand they will display and cost 3 mana. However, if you play Kirin Tor Mage, then a Secret for 0 mana, and only after that you play Kabal Lackey, you can play a second Secret for 0 mana that turn.
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
- Example: If you play Kirin Tor Mage the turn after your opponent played Loatheb, the next Secret you play will cost 0; however, subsequent Secrets you play that turn will have their mana cost increased by 5, as well as any non-Secret spell you play that same turn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Kirin Tor Mage is best used in a deck that has many Secrets. Since all mage Secrets cost 3 mana, you essentially receive a free 4/3 minion whenever you pair this card with a Secret.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- We have many secrets.
- For Dalaran.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Kirin Tor is the elite conclave that leads the magical nation of Dalaran, one of the seven human kingdoms. Its members are some of the most powerful magi of Azeroth. Once a secretive and selective order of magi that kept aloof from ordinary politics, the Kirin Tor has since become one of the foremost factions standing against the threats posed to Azeroth's survival - among them the Scourge, the Blue Dragonflight, the Iron Horde, and the Burning Legion.
- The Kirin Tor were members of the original Alliance of Lordaeron, and sided with the Grand Alliance toward the end of the Alliance-Horde war, eventually returning to neutrality. They have also upheld an alliance with Silvermoon for over 2,000 years, the elven kingdom's crown prince (and others) having served on the Council of Six. The Six lead the Kirin Tor as its governmental body.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Kara Vesstal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Now has 4 Attack, up from 3.
- Tested by User:Elekim, 2017-03-26.