King of Beasts
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute, Taunt|
Taunt. Battlecry: Gain +1 Attack for each other Beast you have.
He never sleeps. Not even in the mighty jungle.
- For the Hero Power of the same name, see King of Beasts (Battlegrounds).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|King of Beasts||100||20|
|Golden King of Beasts||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A perfect minion to drop after using Unleash the Hounds, or after Snake Trap has been activated, if some of the Snakes managed to survive the turn. Because the King's effect is a Battlecry, the survivability of the other Beasts is not important, making a large number of weak minions perfect for synergising with this card.
A better card for control hunter; since it has a slow effect it does not provide any instant huge impact on the field. However, the more reliable and sticky Sludge Belcher is generally a better pick for defensive purposes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Originally composed in the Zulu language in 1939, the song has since been adapted and covered numerous times, including in the 1994 Disney animated film The Lion King.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Tomb of the Forgotten" series, for the card Akhet.
- This card is the one of the few Beast that has been excluded from Deathstalker Rexxar's hero power. It shares this distinction with Witchwood Grizzly.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-02).