|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Hand-related, Random, Spell-related|
Battlecry: For each spell in your hand, summon a random minion of the same Cost.
When you're the king of the cats, the whole desert is your litterbox.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden King Phaoris||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- King Phaoris will summon minions based on the current modified cost of spells in your hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
King Phaoris works best in decks with lots of spells (preferably high-Cost ones), especially in a deck able to manipulate Phaoris' cost.
Druid can make good use of King Phaoris, especially in combination with Untapped Potential and Nourish to reach his effect faster. Flobbidinous Floop can also be played if your opponent was able to answer your first Phaoris.
The Mage is another good option, since it is a class that is heavily based on spells. Good cards to pull minions from include Flamestrike, Blizzard, and Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron. He's also a great target for Conjurer's Calling, and can be heavily reduced by Luna's Pocket Galaxy.
Be careful playing Phaoris when you have active cost modifiers like Kalecgos. He will take the card's current cost, filling your board with reduced minions. Try to disable their effect before playing Phaoris if you can.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Our power is in our people.
- We protect our own!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- King Phaoris is the racial leader of the Ramkahen tribe of tol'vir, and is located in the town of Ramkahen in Uldum.
- Beset by Neferset tol'vir who have allied with Deathwing and Al'akir, King Phaoris welcomes adventurers who have come to aid the Ramkahen. With his army moving forward and adventurers moving forth to strike out against his enemies, the King is able to to invade and capture the enemy controlled Neferset City and, in the process, become the undisputed ruler of Uldum.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199708 (2019-08-01): Added.