|Set:||Rise of Shadows|
|Tags:||Choose One-related, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
After you cast a Choose One spell, add copies of both choices to your hand.
Keeps your choices handy.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Keeper Stalladris||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spell choices added to your hand both have the same mana cost as the original spell.
- Fandral Staghelm works normally while you control Keeper Stalladris. The spell cast has both effects combined, and choices will be added after.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Keeper Stalladris has superb stats for his low cost. With this in mind, in addition to comboing a powerful Choose One spell with him the turn he's summoned, you can potentially keep him alive for prolonged periods of time to continuously use his effect. Even if your deck doesn't use that many Choose One cards, Stalladris can still provide lots of value, since you can save him specifically for one of the few Choose One spells you do have. While not overly powerful in any one specific deck, he's flexible enough that he should be considered a high priority to include in any deck that utilizes multiple Choose One spells.
Choose One spells[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Class||Cost||Description|
Choose One: Deal 2 damage to a minion; or Restore 5 Health. Often used as healing crystals, but also good for throwing at people.
|Power of the Wild||Common||Druid||2|
Choose One - Give your minions +1/+1; or Summon a 3/2 Panther. Never look a panther in the eye. Or is it 'Always look a panther in the eye'? Well, it's one of those.
Choose One - Deal 3 damage to a minion; or 1 damage and draw a card. The talk around the Ratchet Inn is that this card is too good and should be a Legendary.
|Mark of Nature||Common||Druid||3|
Choose One - Give a minion +4 Attack; or +4 Health and Taunt. Druids call it the "Mark of Nature." Everyone else calls it "needing a bath."
|Mark of the Loa||Rare||Druid||4|
Choose One -
Give a minion +2/+4 and Taunt; or Summon two 3/2 Raptors. Ah, yes. Mark. The mightiest Loa.
Choose One - Deal 5 damage to a minion; or 2 damage to all enemy minions. Is the sky falling? Yes. Yes it is.
Choose One - Summon a 6/6 Ancient with Taunt; or Restore 12 Health. Amazing that it's been hidden, given the twenty-foot treant splashing around in it.
Choose One - Gain 2 Mana Crystals; or Draw 3 cards. Druids take nourishment from many things: the power of nature, the songbird's chirp, a chocolate cake.
|Showing all 8 cards|
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Class||Cost||Description|
Choose One - Deal 2 damage; or Summon two 1/1 Saplings. 2 out of 2 saplings recommend that you summon the saplings.
Choose One - Discover a minion; or Discover a spell. Was petrified when it found out it didn't make the cut for Azerothian Idol.
Choose One - Give your hero +4 Attack this turn; or Gain 8 Armor. Let's be honest. One option is a lot ragier than the other.
Choose One - Summon a Jade Golem; or Shuffle 3 copies of this card into your deck. Shuffle or no guts.
Choose One - Summon 5 Wisps; or Give a minion +5/+5 and Taunt. Don't worry; we fired the person who named this card.
|Wisps of the Old Gods||Epic||Druid||7|
Choose One - Summon seven 1/1 Wisps; or Give your minions +2/+2. They're just normal wisps, actually. The "Of the Old Gods" bit is just marketing.
|Showing all 6 cards|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Keeper Stalladris adds the following Choice cards to your hand.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Free your mind from its bonds.
- Find your balance!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Stalladris is unique to Hearthstone. He is a keeper of the grove from Crystalsong Forest—the strange, magical region of Northrend over which Dalaran hovered during the war against the Lich King—who has come to Dalaran to respond to its call for help.
- Crystalsong Forest, also known as Crystal Song Woods and originally called Moonsong, is a landlocked region in the middle of Northrend.
- Crystalsong Forest was accidentally created by weak and desperate Highborne of Shandaral after the Great Sundering, who had seen the blue dragonflight crystallizing creatures and drawing magic out of them. Desperate for a replacement for the Well of Eternity, the Highborne infiltrated the Nexus and stole artifacts of the flight, earning the dragons' ire. When the dragons confronted them in the forest the elves attempted to crystallize part of the area and draw magic from the crystals to fight the dragons off, but the spell was much more powerful than anticipated and transformed the entire region as well as twisting the elves' spirits.
In the modern day, Crystalsong is home to many creatures that have apparently been altered by the magical energies in the area, such as strange crystalline dryads and satyrs. With his uniquely crystalline appearance, Stalladris appears to be something of a male counterpart to the crystal dryads.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Keeper Stalladris required the largest amount of new art for a single card, with both Choices for Power of the Wild, Wrath, Mark of Nature, Starfall, Nourish, Dark Wispers, Living Roots, and Jade Idol and one choice for Raven Idol needing new art to easily tell them apart in your hand.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168933 (2019-04-04): Added.