|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Tags:||Ongoing effect, Taunt-related|
All friendly attacks ignore Taunt.
"Armor and heals may slow my zeal, but fel and glaives excite me!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Kayn Sunfury||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Kayn Sunfury is a flexible aggressive card with decent stats and the coveted Charge keyword. Whether going face or trading with an enemy minion, he is a good tempo play in either case, and has just enough Attack and Health to kill weaker minions easily while being able to survive.
On the other hand, he can be saved as a finisher, where his ability to negate the enemy's Taunt can be extremely valuable. He is excellent at dealing with big tempo swing plays like Mass Resurrection, where they often tend to summon Taunt minions to halt aggression on the following turn, or at playing around healing or board-wiping Deathrattle Taunt minions like Convincing Infiltrator and Khartut Defender. If the opponent doesn't wipe your board first, Kayn can spell a crushing defeat for them. Defensively, Kayne can also be used to kill a soft taunt minion hiding behind Taunt minions, effective for if you lack direct damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Summon[edit | edit source]
Hide behind your servants. I will still find you!
Summon (when the enemy Hero is Illidan Stormrage)[edit | edit source]
For your vengeance, Lord Illidan.
Attack[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Kayn Sunfury is a blood elf demon hunter. He is a loyal soldier and one of Illidan Stormrage's most trusted lieutenants. Honorable and demanding, as well as a fearless leader and a master strategist, he believes that cooperation and sacrifice are necessary to defeat the Burning Legion. Kayn follows Illidan's ideals to get the job done, no matter the cost.
- Kayn is one of two characters player demon hunters can choose to be their second-in-command, the other being Altruis the Sufferer, whose ideals and plans for the Illidari are incompatible with Kayn's own.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kayn Sunfury is the first new Charge minion added to the game since the release of Chillblade Champion in Knights of the Frozen Throne, with more than a two and a half year gap in between releases.
- Kayn Sunfury went through multiple drastical changes during the development.
- The earliest design was a 4-mana 3/5 with card text "Rush. After your hero attacks, this may attack again."
- Another design was the same body but different text, which was "Battlecry: For the rest of the game, your attacks ignore Taunt."
- In the semi-final design, Kayn Sunfury's card text was changed to "Charge. Your attacks ignore Taunt.", which is the closest one to the card's final version, with the part "Your" being the only difference.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52261 (2020-07-14): Now has 4 Health (Down from 5).
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- IGN (2020-04-06). What Is It Like Going Behind the Scenes With the Hearthstone Team?. Retrieved on 2020-04-06.