We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Kabal Crystal Runner
|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Tags:||In-hand effect, Ongoing effect, Secret-related|
Costs (2) less for each Secret you've played this game.
"Listen, I can cut you in on a little of this premium mana, but you can't tell my boss."
How to get[edit | edit source]
Kabal Crystal Runner can be obtained through Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Kabal Crystal Runner can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Kabal Crystal Runner||100||20|
|Golden Kabal Crystal Runner||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mana cost of this card is reduced by 2 for each time the controlling player has played a Secret that game.
- The cost reduction of this card is not dependent on the card being in the player's hand or deck or even on the card existing at the time the Secret was played.
- Secrets put into play by effects like Mad Scientist's Deathrattle or Mysterious Challenger's Battlecry are not counted for this minion's effect, only Secrets played directly from the hand.
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap.
- This card has an in-hand effect: it modifies its own mana cost only while in the player's hand, and not while the card is anywhere else.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Kabal Crystal Runner can usually be found in Mage decks running Secrets. Her cost reduction requires only 3 Secrets to be played to be a free drop. Even with only one Secret ever being played, her stats are slightly better than those of Chillwind Yeti, making her a reasonable play. However, without Secrets she is an expensive and plain mid-size minion, making it wise to wait before playing her.
Can be played on tempo (and ideally on an empty field) on Turn 4 after a Turn 3 Effigy, possibly forcing your opponent to trade weaker minions into it and give you another 6-drop.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I'm late, I'm late!
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5290 (2016-11-29): Added.