Battlecry: TAKE any cards from your opponent's hand that they don't want.
- "Art is Life" - Jomaro Kindred
Kindred shared 2D art duties with Lead Artist Ben Thompson, and created the chalkboards used in Tavern Brawls. Before joining the team, the first Thompson saw of Kindred's art were two card backs shared on his personal site, themed after the Alliance and the Horde.
Kindred joined the team on June 10th, 2014. Prior to joining Team 5, Kindred was Senior Concept Artist with Nerve Software. His previous credits include the 2010 Xbox port of DOOM II, as well as Call of Duty: Black Ops and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kindred presented the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan panel at BlizzCon 2016, along with designer Matt Place.
The following cards are seen only in Tavern Brawls.
Key art[edit | edit source]
Other art[edit | edit source]
- Kindred created the chalkboard art for Tavern Brawls.
- Kindred was responsible for the pop-out Kel'Thuzad art presented when first defeating the boss in Curse of Naxxramas.
- The Grand Tournament battlefield was painted by Kindred. Kindred also worked on the Goblins vs Gnomes battlefield together with Ben Thompson.
- Kindred created the Cupcake card back, which as of 2017 is also his favourite card back.
- Kindred created initial designs for the death knight versions of each of the nine classic Hearthstone heroes in Knights of the Frozen Throne.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kindred plays World of Warcraft, as well as Overwatch. As of 2017 Kindred has at least one character of each World of Warcraft class at max level, and is one of several players on Team 5 who plays regular games of Overwatch on their lunch break.
- While creating the card art for the Lone Champion in Kobolds & Catacombs, Kindred took the opportunity to "put himself in the game" by modeling the Lone Champion's appearance after himself. As a result, Lone Champion is also Kindred's favorite character from the set.
- Kindred sometimes streams himself creating art on his Twitch account.
Card art[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Some time between November, 2016 and March, 2017: Title changed from Concept Artist to Senior Concept Artist.
- Patch 126.96.36.19966 (2015-06-15): Added to the game's credits with the 2015 update. Credits card added.
- (2014-06-10): Joined Team 5.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jomaro Kindred on DeviantART. Retrieved on 2014-06-13.
- Hearthside Chat: The Art of Journey to Un'Goro. (2017-03-29).
- 2014-12-06. (Ben Thompson Hearthstone: Goblins vs. Gnomes Interview (BlizzCon 2014)).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-06-09).
- Jomaro Kindred on MobyGames. Retrieved on 2014-06-10.
- Jomaro Kindred on Twitter. (2018-08-06).
- Second Dinner on Twitter. (2018-08-15).
- "Art Director / Co-Founder @SecondDinner. Previously Senior Concept Artist @Blizzard." —Jomaro Kindred Twitter description. Retrieved on 2018-08-15.
- Ben Thompson on Twitter. (2015-07-22).
- Talking Hearthstone design - An interview with Senior Concept Artist Jomaro Kindred. (2017-04-02).
- Cam Shea (2017-07-08). Hearthstone's Frozen Throne: Everything Blizzard Would Tell Us - IGN. Retrieved on 2017-07-08.
- Jomaro Kindred on Twitter. (2017-07-07).
- Jomaro Kindred on Twitter. (2016-11-24).
- Jomaro Kindred on Twitter. (2017-08-26).
- Hearthstone (2017-12-14). Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs, Behind the Scenes. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-07-14.
[edit | edit source]
- Kindred Concepts - official website
- Jomaro Kindred on DeviantART
- KindredConcepts on Twitch
- KindredConcepts on Twitter
- Selected media