|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Shuffle into deck|
Battlecry: Shuffle a Mine into your opponent's deck. When drawn, it explodes for 10 damage.
The Iron Juggernaut guards Orgrimmar and has just earned the "Employee of the Month" award!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Iron Juggernaut||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Burrowing Mine's triggered effect has multiple steps:
- First, it deals damage, queuing and resolving triggers;
- Then, although not stated in either card's text, the card self-destructs and is removed from the game;
- Finally, it draws a replacement card, queuing and resolving triggers.
- Like all on-draw effects, Burrowing Mine will only activate when it is successfully drawn into the player's hand. If it is overdrawn due to the player's hand being full, or is discarded by a card effect or Tracking, it will be removed from the game, and no damage will be dealt and no card will be drawn.
- Burrowing Mine can be cast as a spell (for example, copies created by Chromaggus or Thoughtsteal) but it does not have any effect since the copy itself is not drawn.
- Similarly to all other on-draw triggered effect, although being a spell, Burrowing Mine does not have its damage increased by either player's Spell Damage or Prophet Velen.
- However, as with all other spells, damage dealt by Burrowing Mine will trigger Hallazeal the Ascended.
- Burrowing Mine does not trigger Blastmaster Boom.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card's effect gets stronger the longer the game does on, since the chance of drawing the Burrowing Mine increases as well. This applies even against decks that can shuffle more cards into their decks. Its effectiveness can be further improved with Augmented Elekk and Brann Bronzebeard, potentially shuffling three additional Burrowing Mines.
Iron Juggernaut is a strong target for cards that can use its Battlecry multiple times, such as Brann Bronzebeard, and return effects like Youthful Brewmaster, Time Rewinder or Dream, or even Dead Man's Hand, allowing the player to repeatedly add Burrowing Mines to the opponent's deck. The huge amount of damage from Burrowing Mine makes it very difficult for decks without large amounts of healing or armor to survive over time.
Burrowing Mine can be an effective way of defeating a mage using Ice Block. Since secrets can only activate on the opponent's turn, provided the Mine is drawn on the mage's own turn, Ice Block will not be activated, and so will not prevent the damage.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Iron Juggernaut is the sixth boss of Siege of Orgrimmar. Created by Siegecrafter Blackfuse, this robotic scorpion guards the gates to the city of Orgrimmar. After it destroys the Darkspear Rebellion's siege weaponry and reserves, the players must destroy the Iron Juggernaut to allow the rebellion into the city.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Along with Flame Leviathan, Trade Prince Gallywix, and Vol'jin, this card was leaked long before it was supposed to be revealed. Due to their very unique effects, many players believed the leaked cards to be a hoax. The Iron Juggernaut was also originally a 6/6 minion, and the only one of the four to be changed later on (to a 6/5).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.