Invoke is an ability introduced in the Descent of Dragons expansion. When an Invoke card is played, the Hero Power of Galakrond will be activated, as long as the player has a Galakrond hero card in their hand, deck, or battlefield.
Invoke cards are also needed to upgrade Galakrond's Battlecry. Two are needed to upgrade him once, and four are needed to fully upgrade him.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you've never had a Galakrond card in your hand, deck, or battlefield, Invoke has no effect.
- The first Galakrond you gain control of (in either your hand or deck) becomes your "main Galakrond", and will be the source of your Invoke effects for the rest of the game.
- Invoke cards and Galakrond hero cards cannot be randomly generated.
- Invoke cards and Galakrond hero cards can still be copied by cards such as Mind Vision and Archbishop Benedictus.
- In case you have multiple different Galakronds in your deck at the start of the game, your Galakrond will match your class if possible or choose the one first detected by the game.
- If you have become Galakrond, playing a different Galakrond card will cause that version to become your main Galakrond.
- The Invoke effect is a separate function from the Invoke ability and does not count as having been cast by the card itself.
Invoke effects[edit | edit source]
Cards with Invoke[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Disciple of Galakrond||Common||Minion||General||Priest||1||1||2|
Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond. Raising Galakrond will cause thurible, thurible damage.
Give a minion +1 Attack. Invoke Galakrond. "Turn to Galakrond, Chapter 3 Verse 12. 'SNARL! ROAR! GRAAAAGH!' Let us reflect on this wisdom."
|Invocation of Frost||Common||Spell||Shaman||2|
Freeze an enemy.
Invoke Galakrond. Galakrond adores a little frosting.
Invoke Galakrond. Deal 1 damage to all minions. This is an alarm clock you can't ignore.
Rush Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond. There are plenty of apathetic maniacs, but they couldn't be bothered.
Invoke Galakrond. Give your minions +1 Attack. "You have the right to sacrifice an ally. If you do not have an ally, then one will be sacrificed for you."
|Shield of Galakrond||Common||Minion||General||Any||5||4||5|
Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond. Realistically, she's the shield for Galakrond's big toe.
Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond. Chop chop, Galakrond!
Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond. Gain +1 Attack for each other friendly minion. Galakrond would be extra mad if he was resurrected with gnaw marks on his bones.
Deal 3 damage to an undamaged character. Invoke Galakrond. Firmly press the seal of your fates instead of leaving the flap open.
Destroy a minion. Invoke Galakrond. "It's time. R.I.P."
Battlecry: Invoke Galakrond twice. Her element is "Horns."
|Showing all 12 cards|
Related cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, reduce the Cost of cards in your hand by (1). Do not draw the attention of a Fate Weaver, for it will always loom over your destiny.
|Scion of Ruin||Epic||Minion||Dragon||Warrior||4||3||2|
Rush. Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, summon 2 copies of this. Ruined! RUINED!
Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, add 3 Coins to your hand. "Three gold?! Do you have any idea how long this quest chain was?"
Battlecry: If you've Invoke twice, draw 3 cards. If you're not wearing your regulation cultist clothing, how will Galakrond know to devour you last?
Summon two 2/3 Spirit Wolves with Taunt. If you've Invoked twice, give them +2/+2. Each dragon's pack is guaranteed to have at least one rare.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Rogue||7|
Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1). Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Priest||7|
Battlecry: Destroy 4 random enemy minions. Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Shaman||7|
Battlecry: Summon two 8/8 Storms with Rush. Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Warlock||7|
Battlecry: Summon 4 random Demons. Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Warrior||7|
Battlecry: Draw 4 minions. Give them +4/+4. Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Rogue||7|
Battlecry: Draw 2 card. They costs (1).
(Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Priest||7|
Battlecry: Destroy 2 random enemy minions. (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Shaman||7|
Battlecry: Summon two 4/4 Storms with Rush. (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Warlock||7|
Battlecry: Summon 2 random demons. It costs (0). (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Warrior||7|
Battlecry: Draw 2 minions. Give them +4/+4. (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Galakrond, the Nightmare||Legendary||Hero card||Rogue||7|
Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).
(Invoke twice to upgrade.) The enormous creature unfurled terrifying claws dripping with poisonous ichor. King Togwaggle was pleased, but inwardly disappointed the great Nightmare refused to wear the candle.
|Galakrond, the Tempest||Legendary||Hero card||Shaman||7|
Battlecry: Summon two 2/2 Storms with Rush. (Invoke twice to upgrade.) Hagatha cried out over the winds: "Truly, you are as powerful as the Maelstrom!" To which the Tempest answered: "I AM THE MAELSTROM."
|Galakrond, the Unbreakable||Legendary||Hero card||Warrior||7|
Battlecry: Draw 1 minion. Give it +4/+4.
(Invoke twice to upgrade.) The ground quaked beneath the behemoth as Dr. Boom continued: "…with over 400 TONS of solid Storm Silver plate." Then he beeped a small remote. "And luxury spikes!"
|Galakrond, the Unspeakable||Legendary||Hero card||Priest||7|
Battlecry: Destroy 1 random enemy minion. (Invoke twice to upgrade.) Lazul called Galakrond's name, her voice echoed by whispers from the deep. Both of Galakrond's eyes opened... and then other eyes opened, as well.
|Galakrond, the Wretched||Legendary||Hero card||Warlock||7|
Battlecry: Summon 1 random demon. (Invoke twice to upgrade.) Fel-flames slowly writhed around the skeleton, until the great bones knit themselves together into a demonic monstrosity. Rafaam shielded his face from the heat but could not hide his grin.
|Showing all 20 cards|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Adding an Invoke card to your deck without Galakrond while building a Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, or Warrior deck will display a special text box prompting you if you want to add Galakrond to your deck.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124613 (2020-07-30): (Undocumented) Invoke cards can no longer be randomly generated.
- Patch 126.96.36.199313 (2020-05-18): (Undocumented) Invoke cards can now be randomly generated if you have Galakrond in your deck.
- Patch 188.8.131.52582 (2020-03-30): Invoke cards can no longer be randomly generated.
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): (Undocumented) Invoke cards can now be randomly generated. They were intended to only be generated by decks with Galakrond in them, but this was not implemented correctly.
- Patch 220.127.116.11060 (2019-12-05): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2019-11-01). Draconic Details: Getting to Know Galakrond. Retrieved on 2020-04-11.
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-06-25).
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-03-26).
- Apparently Invoke cards can now be randomly generated?. (2020-03-26). Reddit. Retrieved on 2020-04-11.
|By minion type|
|By ability||Evergreen keywords|
|By effect type|
|By card set||Standard|