|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify cost, Set attribute|
|Artist:||J. Ejsing & E. Amundsen|
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, the next spell you cast this turn costs (0).
Solia marks the Kabal with intricate tattoos that grant immense power. Also it makes it harder for other gangs to recruit from their numbers. BACK OFF, GOONS.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Inkmaster Solia||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card checks your unused deck: if it contains no more than 1 of each card, the Inkmaster Solia card in your hand will be highlighted by a yellow border and when played its Battlecry will activate.
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player: this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus. This enchantment sets the mana cost of spell cards in your hand to 0, but wears off as soon as you play a spell card or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Because this minion costs 7 mana, it can be played on curve after Reno Jackson, which also requires no duplicates (in the player's deck) to trigger its effect. If you have already played Kazakus and have chosen for a powerful 10 mana spell, playing it together with Inkmaster on turn 7 can be completely devastating for your opponent. Other valuable combos are Flamestrike, Firelands Portal, Blizzard, or one of Arch-Thief Rafaam's Artifacts.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Embrace the power of the Kabal!
- So... much... power!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Once you come to the inevitable conclusion that the only path toward true mastery lies with US—here, have some more ice-cold Kaza-kola—you’ll need to dress the part. I think red or purple robes can be quite fetching. Some of us pay a visit to Inkmaster Solia to receive one of her glorious glowing crimson tattoos. A tattoo from her not only marks your dedication to the Kabal, but can serve as a handy nightlight or massive reservoir of power in a pinch."
The Gadgetzan Gazette Volume 32 #10 page 2 features an advertisement for "Inkmaster Solia's Tattoos", located on 1818 Gadgetzan Way. The "Help Wanted" section also features an advertisement which reads: "Skin Game — Solia's is looking for the arcane AND artistically inclined for tattooing apprenticeships. Put your arts work and make an everlasting impression on our clients. 2+ years summoning and binding experience needed."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Inkmaster Solia was originally designed around the idea of creating a custom spell. As she is a tattoo artist, it occurred to Mike Donais that she might also be good at writing magical scrolls, with the idea that she would do the scroll as part of her effect. Solia kept this ability for a short time, but since the design was so well liked by the Hearthstone team, it was later promoted to instead be the ability used by the leader of the Kabal, Kazakus. When the decision came to make the Kabal themed around potion spells, Kazakus' effect was changed to have him craft a potion instead of writing a scroll with tattoo ink.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2016-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- A Taste of the Kabal. (2016-11-14).
- Cam Shea (2017-01-12). IGN - Hearthstone: Blizzard on designing Jade, testing red mana and leaving Reno behind. Retrieved on 2017-01-13.