- For the collectible basic Warlock minion, see Dread Infernal.
For more information, see Lord Jaraxxus.
Summoned by[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Infernals are mindless giants of flame and fury and can be summoned by warlocks and the nathrezim. They are not truly demons, apparently more similar to constructs.
- Crafted by the mo'arg and gan'arg, infernals fall to earth as green, molten meteorites from the Twisting Nether. They exist only to destroy every living thing in their path. Though their lifespans are limited, the mighty infernals have been known to destroy entire cities before their energies dissipated back into the Great Dark Beyond. A large concentration of infernals can be found in Shadowmoon Valley. There are the ever present infernals attacking Alliance and Horde towns in the region; they appear to be stockpiled at Legion Hold and launched by shivarra. The Deathforge provides details on how this variety is made. Infernals are produced by a green fire elemental called an "infernal soul", which is put into a collection of fel stone by mo'arg and gan'arg engineers, which then creates a very weak infernal. They can also be stored in their comet forms.
- Most dreadlords can summon an Infernal with the ultimate ability inferno. Tichondrius has been seen to summon four, while Anetheron and Balnazzar can summon two at once. Archimonde, on the other hand, is known to summon massive amounts of infernals and other demons at the same time.
- Infernal's are known to be extremely unintelligent, and can barely take orders from their demon commanders as it is. They are able to understand Eredun, but are mute except for the occasional roar or grunt. There are also abyssals, a similar construct.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite Infernal's mana cost effectively being 2 due to only being available via the Hero Power, it has a labelled cost of 6, making it a 6/6/6 card.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Ancients" series, for the card Blazing Infernal.