|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Summon|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Demon-generating, Random, Targeted|
Deal 2-4 damage to a minion. Summon a 1/1 Imp for each damage dealt.
The shrapnel is waaaaay worse than the explosion.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- First it deals damage, queuing and resolving all on-damage triggers;
- Then, it queries how much damage was dealt and summons that many Imps.
- The number of Imps summoned is determined by the amount of damage considered to be dealt by the spell. In particular:
- The damage dealt can exceed the target's current Health: for example, dealing 4 damage to a 1-Health minion will still summon 4 Imps.
- The base damage of this spell is a random number between 2 and 4, which can be increased as usual by Spell Damage and Prophet Velen: for example, with Spell Damage +1 this spell will deal 1 extra damage and therefore summon 1 extra Imp.
- If the damage is prevented (for example by the target being Immune) or reduced to 0 (for example by Divine Shield), no Imps will be summoned.
- However, Commanding Shout does not modify how much damage was considered to be dealt: for example, if this spell deals 3 damage to a 2-Health minion protected by Commanding Shout, the minion's Health will be reduced to 1 but 3 Imps will be summoned anymay.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
At an average of 3 damage + 3 Imps, this card is barely mana-efficient, so Spell Damage is highly recommended.
This card works very well with Knife Juggler, for 2-4 extra knives. This essentially doubles the damage output of this spell, although the targets of the knives are not controllable. In this case the sequence of events will be: the spell deals damage; the Imps are summoned, one at a time, each followed by any events triggered from its summoning; then finally any deaths are resolved. Note that the Imps will be summoned before any deaths from the spell's damage have resolved, meaning that Deathrattle summons such as Harvest Golem's Damaged Golem will not appear on the board until after the Imps' summoning and related effects like Knife Juggler have resolved.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
This spell will generate golden Imps if the target character is golden, even if the Imp-losion is not. For example, using a regular Imp-losion on a golden Sheep will produce golden Imps. This is a known bug.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Original to Hearthstone, this spell has since inspired a version in World of Warcraft. Added almost two years after its Hearthstone counterpart, the spell is a Demonology warlock talent, with the text, "Demonic forces suck all of your Wild Imps toward the target, and then cause them to violently explode, dealing ... damage to all enemies within 8 yards." In contrast to the original card's single target damage, the talent is used to deal strong burst damage to multiple targets, making it the preferred AoE option for that tier.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.