Illidan Stormrage (Battlegrounds)
- For other representations of Illidan, see Illidan Stormrage (disambiguation).
Illidan Stormrage is a hero that the player can pick in the Battlegrounds game mode.
For more information, see Battlegrounds.
- The left-most minion will get to attack again after the Hero Power resolves if it survives.
- Illidan's Hero Power takes effect before other Start of Combat effects (i.e. Red Whelp).
- Minions that can't normally attack (0-Attack minions, Arcane Cannon) will be forced to attack with Illidan's Hero Power.
Illidan's Hero Power gives him an early start on attack order for two minions. His Hero Power works best in compositions that highly benefit from attacking first, such as Cave Hydra, Zapp Slywick, and Glyph Guardian benefit the most. Alternatively, Illidan's Hero Power makes Deathrattle minions much more likely to die as soon as possible. It helps ensure a Goldrinn, the Great Wolf or Nadina the Red activate their Deathrattle before the opponent can potentially kill your other minions before their Deathrattles go off. This also means Monstrous Macaw is extremely effective with Illidan, guaranteeing it gets an attack in and activate your other Deathrattles. In the early game, Arcane Cannon also works well with Illidan, who can fire off one or two shots early. Even without those minions, it acts as a pseudo-Windfury for the left-most minion, so having a highly buffed minion be able to attack twice relatively soon can be useful.
While Illidan's Hero Power gives him a tactical advantage, it doesn't give him any statistical advantage, so his Hero Power doesn't become actually useful until you have the right minions to take advantage of it. Illidan highly favors Pirates and especially Beasts, and without them he becomes significantly weaker with no strong minions to take advantage of his Hero Power with.
- Patch 22.214.171.124222 (2020-03-26): Added.