Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
|Abilities:||Gain Armor, Secret|
|Tags:||Combat-related, Triggered effect|
Secret: When your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor.
This is Rank 1. Rank 2 is Chocolate Milk Barrier.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Ice Barrier can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Ice Barrier can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Ice Barrier||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ice Barrier takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- The effect will still add Armor even if the attacker is redirected or is otherwise neutralized before completing combat.
- This Secret is only triggered when physically attacked by another character. This includes minions and the enemy hero.
- Damaging spells and abilities, and damaging effects from card text or Battlecries on cards such as Knife Juggler, will not trigger the Secret.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Ice Barrier is a mage spell which creates a protective barrier around the mage, absorbing damage and preventing pushback from damaging attacks while it holds. It was a staple defensive spell for Frost mages before being made into a class-wide talent with Mists of Pandaria. Unlike Hearthstone's version, the spell is not triggered by an attack, but can be cast on cooldown, and is generally kept active as much of the time as possible when in combat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Frost Ward.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19914 (2016-07-14) (approximate): Trigger timing changed to "proposed attack" event, causing it to activate in order of play related to other secrets like Misdirection, rather than always afterward.
- Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04): Phrasing changed from "As soon as your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor." to "When your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor."