|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Summon, Taunt|
Battlecry: Summon a random 2-Cost minion for your opponent.
How can he be hungry… if he's Ettin!?
How to get[edit | edit source]
Hungry Ettin can be obtained through Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Hungry Ettin can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Hungry Ettin||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Hungry Ettin has 14 stat points and a taunt, which is worth roughly 7 mana. Having a drawback worth 2 mana, it does not pass the vanilla test: what this means is that when Hungry Ettin is played and 2 mana, on average, is used to kill the summoned minion, a bigger minion could have been achieved, had the 8 mana been used to summon it in the first place. This makes the Hungry Ettin a weak card.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I see lunch! (No, dinner!)
- Smash! (No, bash!)
- Your fault!
Possible summons[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Deathrattle: Gain an empty Mana Crystal.
Spell Damage +1
Each turn this is in your hand, swap its Attack and Health.
|Druid of the Swarm||Rare||Beast||Druid||2||1||5|
|Druid of the Swarm||Rare||Beast||Druid||2||1||2|
|Showing all 26 cards|
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Ettins are a race of two-headed giants found in several highland areas around the Eastern Kingdoms, mostly in the Twilight Highlands, the Redridge Mountains and the hills and forests of Gilneas and Silverpine. They are also found in Highmountain on the Broken Isles.
- The ettins of Silverpine came from Gilneas, and now wander the land searching for their next juicy meal, though the Forsaken have managed to subjugate and utilize some of them to haul their wagons throughout the forest. Many ettins have also been enslaved or recruited by the Twilight's Hammer cult.
- The ettins of Highmountain seem to operate under some sort of hierarchy above their already existing tribal network, as Hill Prince Urgo, like his father before him, was destined to be the lord of all the hill ettin tribes in Highmountain. They build armor from stolen Gilneas houses and Suramar ruins, and some forge their own armor. The ettin of Highmountain eat tauren that have been cooked over bonfires.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.