Official announcements for many of these changes may be found in this link here:
Hotfixes are server-side updates that do not require downloading and can be implemented with little or no downtime. Hotfixes usually address bugs, and are generally used to remedy smaller or particularly urgent problems without needing to wait for the next client patch.
- 1 2017-12-06 hotfix
- 2 2017-08-25 hotfix
- 3 2017-07-12 hotfix
- 4 2017-06-12 hotfix
- 5 2017-04-21 hotfix
- 6 2017-04-11 hotfix
- 7 2017-04-07 hotfix
- 8 2016-12-06 hotfix
- 9 2016-12-01 hotifx
- 10 2016-10-23 hotfix
- 11 2016-08-25 hotfix
- 12 2016-08-15 hotfix
- 13 2016-07-15 hotfix
- 14 2016-07-14 hotfix
- 15 2016-05-04 hotfix
- 16 2016-04-28 hotfix
- 17 2016-01-05 hotfix
- 18 2015-11-20 hotfix
- 19 2015-09-03 hotfix
- 20 2015-04-02 hotfix
- 21 2015-02-26 hotfix
- 22 2015-02-09 hotfix
- 23 2014-10-01 hotfix
- 24 2014-09-23 hotfix
- 25 2014-09-03 hotfix
- 26 2014-08-28 hotfix
- 27 2014-08-15 hotfix
- 28 See also
- 29 External links
2017-12-06 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that prevented some players from receiving daily quests.
2017-08-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue where the AI would not attack if the player controlled an Abomination
- Addressed an issue where the following cards were not showing up properly in Arena picks: Shadowblade; Arfus; Bolvar, Fireblood; Blackguard; Prince Valanar; Howlfiend; Sindragosa; Hyldnir Frostrider; Spellweaver; Grave Shambler; Prince Keleseth; Prince Taldaram
2017-07-12 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Due to an unforeseen issue with the Tag Team Fireside Brawl, July 2017's Fireside Brawl has been changed to Top 2. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-06-12 hotfix[edit | edit source]
2017-04-21 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved several card localization errors.
- [iOS] Addressed an authorization issue with iOS purchases.
2017-04-11 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved issues where Shadow Visions could replicate itself or create spells when a player’s hand or deck were empty.
- Giant Anaconda’s deathrattle can no longer interact with weapons.
- Volatile Elemental’s deathrattle no longer damages minions at zero health.
- Tar Creeper, Tar Lord, and Tar Lurker now correctly gain attack after having their attack values changed by spells or effects.
- Added the “Created by” tag to minions created by Tortollan Forager and Queen Carnassa.
2017-04-07 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where Journey to Un'Goro cards would always show up as "New" in the Collection Manager.
2016-12-06 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that caused Pilfered Power to overwrite full mana crystals with empty ones.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Pilfered Power from granting Excess Mana when played at 10 mana with minions on the board.
- Addressed an issue that caused dragons drawn by Wrathion's Battlecry to be visible to the opponent.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Madam Goya from swapping out a minion when played as the 7th minion on the player's board.
- Addressed an issue that caused Mortal Coil to incorrectly draw a card when played on a Daring Reporter that remains on the board.
- Addressed an issue that allowed Kazakus Potions using Icecap to incorrectly target destroyed minions.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Kazakus Potions using Heart of Fire from dealing damage to minions affected by Mystic Wool.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Divine Shield effects provided by Grimestreet Protector from being Silenced.
2016-12-01 hotifx[edit | edit source]
The following hotfix was not listed in the official hotfixes thread but was announced in the official forums.
- A hotfix was rolled out to all players on the Americas server at 2:30PM PST, which corrects [a bug with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs that unintentionally made the drop rate of tri-class cards higher than intended]. Players on the Americas server will now see tri-class cards appear at a drop rate that is consistent with other cards of their rarity.
2016-10-23 hotfix[edit | edit source]
The following hotfixes were not listed in the official hotfixes thread but were announced on Twitter.
- Resolved an issue with the occurrence of win streaks in Ranked Play [This fixed a bug introduced the previous day with Patch 220.127.116.1181 that caused only 2 stars to be required for a win streak]
2016-08-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that would prevent the Discover mechanic from working in the Tavern Brawl Captain Blackheart's Treasure when transformed into Ragnaros.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Faceless Manipulator from properly copying Moat Lurker’s Deathrattle effect.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Silverware Golem from activating properly when discarded during the Romulo and Julianne encounter in One Night in Karazhan.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent several bosses in One Night in Karazhan from attacking when Abomination is played.
2016-08-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue where certain Quests were not correctly added to the random Quest pool.
2016-07-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The following issues have been resolved for PC and Mac:
- Addressed certain instances where players were unable to log in to Hearthstone and received the error message, “Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.”
2016-07-14 hotfix[edit | edit source]
NB: The below changes were released either as part of Patch 18.104.22.16814 or immediately afterwards, and were posted in the official hotfixes thread. They are included here for completeness.
- The following issues have been resolved for PC and Mac:
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to log in to Hearthstone and received the error message, “Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.”
- Addressed an issue where players were able to get duplicates of the same quest.
- Addressed an issue where Morgl’s Hero Power was not animating correctly.
2016-05-04 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue in the Blackrock Mountain adventure where Moira Bronzebeard would attack minions that do not have Taunt.
- Addressed an issue where the interaction between Mad Scientist, SI:7 Agent, and Mirror Entity was not resolving as intended.
- Addressed an issue where the interaction between Wild Pyromancer and Haunted Creeper’s Deathrattle were not resolving as intended.
- The reward cards Old Murk-Eye and Captain's Parrot can now be crafted and disenchanted and can no longer be acquired through their respective Quests.
- Addressed an issue where Ancient Harbinger would add 10-cost spells to the hand rather than 10-cost minions.
- Addressed an issue where Forlorn Stalker was able to buff Deathrattle weapons in the hand rather than Deathrattle minions.
- Addressed an issue where playing Cabal Shadow Priest while Brann Bronzebeard was in play alongside 5 other minions would destroy the stolen minion.
- Addressed an issue where playing Forbidden Healing at 0 mana with Spell Power in play would cause it to deal damage.
- (Mac) Addressed an issue where opening the friends list would cause a crash.
2016-04-28 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue with the interaction between Fandral Staghelm and Dark Wispers. The Dark Wispers buff can now only be cast on minions as intended.
2016-01-05 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- We’ve hotfixed the proportion of League of Explorers cards that appear while building an Arena deck. Previously, some League of Explorers cards were scarce, while others appeared much too frequently. League of Explorers cards should now correctly appear about 50% more often in Arenas than other sets. (Source)
2015-11-20 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue that would occur when Unearthed Raptor’s Battlecry effect was used to duplicate several copies of a Deathrattle. The total number of Deathrattle effects that can be copied on a single minion is now capped [to 16].
2015-09-03 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- It is no longer possible to detect when a minion that has been used in a joust has been drawn.
- Resolved an issue with Nozdormu and joust that resulted in players losing a large portion of individual turns. [Note: The issue with Nozdormu allowing players to skip their opponents' turns was only specifically resolved in the cases of Youthful Brewmaster and any Joust minion.]
2015-04-02 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue involving the use of Recombobulator on minions that have had their mana costs affected by Emperor Thaurissan.
- Resolved an issue with Nozdormu when he is played by High Justice Grimstone.
- Heroic Blackrock Mountain bosses now use the correct card back.
2015-02-26 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Issue causing purchase screen to appear darkened and prevent players from progressing with purchases has been addressed. Players should be able to obtain packs and enter Arena with no issues.
2015-02-09 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Hearthstone in-game friends list should be less crowded as your friends have agreed to give each other some space. Names should no longer overlap.
2014-10-01 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Naxxramas game board has been added to the game board rotation in Play and Arena mode.
2014-09-23 hotfix[edit | edit source]
2014-09-03 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Warrior and Paladin Class Challenges found within Curse of Naxxramas are now improved. This should result in reduced hair loss and property damage.
2014-08-28 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Kel'Thuzad now correctly returns golden minions as golden minions.
- Fixed an issue with deck building.
2014-08-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- A Deathrattle minion that has been affected by Silence will no longer trigger Baron Rivendare when destroyed.
- The activation of Voidcaller's Deathrattle while Baron Rivendare is on the battlefield will no longer lead to more than 7 minions in play.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Patches - a list of all Hearthstone client updates
- Platform-specific patch changes - a list of changes specific to the game's non-PC versions
- Card changes - a list of all changes made to specific cards
- Rule changes - a list of changes to pre-existing game mechanics
- Bugs - an ongoing project to chart all bugs currently affecting the game