Official announcements for many of these changes may be found in this link here:
Hotfixes are server-side updates that do not require downloading and can be implemented with little or no downtime. Hotfixes usually address bugs, and are generally used to remedy smaller or particularly urgent problems without needing to wait for the next client patch.
- 1 2018-12-10 hotfix
- 2 2018-07-05 hotfix
- 3 2018-06-11 hotfix
- 4 2018-06-08 hotfix
- 5 2018-06-07 hotfix
- 6 2018-06-06 hotfix
- 7 2018-05-03 hotfix
- 8 2018-04-27 hotfix
- 9 2018-04-26 hotfix
- 10 2018-04-26 hotfix
- 11 2018-04-26 hotfix
- 12 2018-04-25 hotfix
- 13 2018-04-20 hotfix
- 14 2018-04-19 hotfix
- 15 2018-04-17 hotfix
- 16 2018-04-16 hotfix
- 17 2018-04-13 hotfix
- 18 2018-04-12 hotfix
- 19 2018-03-28 hotfix
- 20 2018-03-01 hotfix
- 21 2018-02-20 hotfix
- 22 2018-02-15 hotfix
- 23 2018-02-13 hotfix
- 24 2018-02-08 hotfix
- 25 2018-01-25 hotfix
- 26 2017-12-06 hotfix
- 27 2017-08-25 hotfix
- 28 2017-07-12 hotfix
- 29 2017-06-12 hotfix
- 30 2017-04-21 hotfix
- 31 2017-04-11 hotfix
- 32 2017-04-07 hotfix
- 33 2016-12-06 hotfix
- 34 2016-12-01 hotifx
- 35 2016-10-23 hotfix
- 36 2016-08-25 hotfix
- 37 2016-08-15 hotfix
- 38 2016-07-15 hotfix
- 39 2016-07-14 hotfix
- 40 2016-05-04 hotfix
- 41 2016-04-28 hotfix
- 42 2016-01-05 hotfix
- 43 2015-11-20 hotfix
- 44 2015-09-03 hotfix
- 45 2015-04-02 hotfix
- 46 2015-02-26 hotfix
- 47 2015-02-09 hotfix
- 48 2014-10-01 hotfix
- 49 2014-09-23 hotfix
- 50 2014-09-03 hotfix
- 51 2014-08-28 hotfix
- 52 2014-08-15 hotfix
- 53 See also
- 54 External links
2018-12-10 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Reduced Zentimo’s animation times when combined with certain spells.
- Doubling Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk’s Battlecry will no longer cause instability.
- Zentimo’s text has been clarified. Zentimo now reads “Whenever you target a minion with a spell, cast it again on its neighbors."
- All of Wardruid Loti’s forms now have the Legendary border.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Overkill minions to trigger incorrectly.
- Spell damage will no longer persist when Immortal Prelate is sent to your deck.
- Drakkari Trickster will now copy both the card and enchantment from the opponent deck.
- Addressed some text and animation issues.
- [Android] Fixed an issue that could cause the game to get “stuck” after installation.
2018-07-05 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the resolution of certain cards would adversely affect your opponent’s allotted turn time.
2018-06-11 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Tess Greymane’s Battlecry will now actually continue even if she is destroyed, silenced, or otherwise removed from the board.
- Shudderwock’s Battlecry cap is now 30, up from 20.
2018-06-08 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Tess Greymane will continue casting even if she's destroyed, silenced, or otherwise removed from the board.
2018-06-07 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Dreadsteed is no longer killed permanently by effects that destroy it at the end of turn.
- Spells countered by Counterspell will no longer apply “next spell” discounts as if they were successfully cast.
- Fixed certain AI crashes involving Vex Crow/Petrified Bark/Cryostasis.
- Fixed an issue where silencing a Battlecry minion would prevent its ability from being recast from Shudderwock.
2018-06-06 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Minions with “Can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers” will now Adapt properly.
- Elementals that have been Transformed will now properly trigger the "played an Elemental last turn" effect.
- Resolved an instability issue that could be caused by Shudderwock and Kalimos.
- Toki’s Hero Power will no longer sometimes make minions that have been transformed in play become invisible.
2018-05-03 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where the correct final boss would not appear in Monster Hunt if the player had used a hero card during the run
2018-04-27 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where the Cannoneer was not seeing the correct end boss in Monster Hunt
- Resolved some issues where the Time Tinker would break the timeline so hard it would crash the game client
2018-04-26 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Boss encounters in Monster Hunt will no longer be able to do more than 25 actions in a turn (no more infinite loops with Whisperer)
- Inner Rage has been removed from deck of The Whisperer
- Fixed an issue that would unlock the Final Challenge encounter early for some players
2018-04-26 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an additional issue that was preventing games from starting
2018-04-26 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue that was preventing games from starting
2018-04-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Minor localization fixes
2018-04-20 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where the Hall of Fame cards for Year of the Raven (Molten Giant, Coldlight Oracle, Ice Block) were still appearing in Classic packs. Those players who received those cards following the launch of The Witchwood were compensated with some Arcane Dust
2018-04-19 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Made changes to arena draft. Details can be found here - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762297713
- C'thun and Beckoner of Evil are now obtainable again. You will need to open one Whispers of the Old Gods pack and they will be granted
- The Fireside card back should no longer be obtained through all friendly challenges
2018-04-17 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue with discarding the echoed copies of cards that would cause a frozen card to remain on screen for PC and Mac.
- Fixed an issue with discarding the echoed copies of cards that would cause a crash on mobile clients.
2018-04-16 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Chameleos retained the stats after copying a transforming Worgen card that would make all future cards copied maintain those stats(including Hero Cards and Weapons)
- Voodoo Doll should no longer destroy minions that have been bounced back to the hand and played again
- Fixed an issue where Voodoo Doll could destroy a hero if it targeted a Chamelos that was bounced back to hand and copied a Hero Card
- Resolved an issue where silencing a minion targeted by Voodoo Doll would visually remove the enchantment
- Drakkari Enchanter will no longer cause transforming Worgen cards to have stats of 0/0
- Resolved an issue where copies of transforming Worgen cards with different mana costs would change those costs when they transformed (Splintergraft copies, Sonya Shadowdancer copies, etc)
2018-04-13 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Chameleos retained the buff from Lady in White when transformed into a Hero Card, giving the hero permanent 1 attack
- Fixed an issue where Chameleos retained the buff from Prince Keleseth when transformed into a Hero Card, giving the hero permanent 2 attack
- Fixed an issue where Chameleos retained the buff from hand buff cards like Grimstreet Enforcer or Don Han'cho when transformed into a Hero Card, giving that hero permanent attack equal to the buffed attack of Chameleos
2018-04-12 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Players should not roll into Monster Hunt daily quest until the Monster Hunt mode unlocks. (If you currently have this quest, you can re-roll it and it should not appear again)
- Resolved an issue that was preventing arena play
2018-03-28 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Classic packs should no longer be given for Celebration of the Raven event
2018-03-01 hotfix[edit | edit source]
Several fixes related to the new season roll system
- Players who finished at high Legendary ranks in February should no longer gain excess stars with wins
- Players should no longer drop a full rank with a single loss
- Players should no longer go through several wins without gaining any stars
- Players should now correctly drop 4 full ranks from highest rank achieved in previous season - NOTE: Rank may appear wrong during season roll animation due to another issue. Check rank under Play menu to see the correct level
2018-02-20 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Cards that received balance changes in the 10.2 patch no longer give full dust value when disenchanted.
2018-02-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
Couple of fixes for the Boss Battle Royale 2 Tavern Brawl
- Professor Putricide (priest class) can play more than 3 secrets
- Professor Putricide (priest class) no longer goes through phase changes
2018-02-13 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fix for mobile users who had reached at least rank 5. They should now be able to look at quest log again without any problems.
2018-02-08 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved issue where Sir Finley was not giving the option to be a Druid
- Fix for Android users seeing GLUE strings all over client (please note the download for this fix may take some time to appear on your store. Google, Amazon,
2018-01-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Fix for cards getting stuck on screen during the Nefarian Rises Tavern Brawl.
2017-12-06 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that prevented some players from receiving daily quests.
2017-08-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue where the AI would not attack if the player controlled an Abomination
- Addressed an issue where the following cards were not showing up properly in Arena picks: Shadowblade; Arfus; Bolvar, Fireblood; Blackguard; Prince Valanar; Howlfiend; Sindragosa; Hyldnir Frostrider; Spellweaver; Grave Shambler; Prince Keleseth; Prince Taldaram
2017-07-12 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Due to an unforeseen issue with the Tag Team Fireside Brawl, July 2017's Fireside Brawl has been changed to Top 2. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-06-12 hotfix[edit | edit source]
2017-04-21 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved several card localization errors.
- [iOS] Addressed an authorization issue with iOS purchases.
2017-04-11 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved issues where Shadow Visions could replicate itself or create spells when a player’s hand or deck were empty.
- Giant Anaconda’s deathrattle can no longer interact with weapons.
- Volatile Elemental’s deathrattle no longer damages minions at zero health.
- Tar Creeper, Tar Lord, and Tar Lurker now correctly gain attack after having their attack values changed by spells or effects.
- Added the “Created by” tag to minions created by Tortollan Forager and Queen Carnassa.
2017-04-07 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where Journey to Un'Goro cards would always show up as "New" in the Collection Manager.
2016-12-06 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that caused Pilfered Power to overwrite full mana crystals with empty ones.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Pilfered Power from granting Excess Mana when played at 10 mana with minions on the board.
- Addressed an issue that caused dragons drawn by Wrathion's Battlecry to be visible to the opponent.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Madam Goya from swapping out a minion when played as the 7th minion on the player's board.
- Addressed an issue that caused Mortal Coil to incorrectly draw a card when played on a Daring Reporter that remains on the board.
- Addressed an issue that allowed Kazakus Potions using Icecap to incorrectly target destroyed minions.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Kazakus Potions using Heart of Fire from dealing damage to minions affected by Mystic Wool.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Divine Shield effects provided by Grimestreet Protector from being Silenced.
2016-12-01 hotifx[edit | edit source]
The following hotfix was not listed in the official hotfixes thread but was announced in the official forums.
- A hotfix was rolled out to all players on the Americas server at 2:30PM PST, which corrects [a bug with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs that unintentionally made the drop rate of tri-class cards higher than intended]. Players on the Americas server will now see tri-class cards appear at a drop rate that is consistent with other cards of their rarity.
2016-10-23 hotfix[edit | edit source]
The following hotfixes were not listed in the official hotfixes thread but were announced on Twitter.
- Resolved an issue with the occurrence of win streaks in Ranked Play [This fixed a bug introduced the previous day with Patch 22.214.171.12481 that caused only 2 stars to be required for a win streak]
2016-08-25 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue that would prevent the Discover mechanic from working in the Tavern Brawl Captain Blackheart's Treasure when transformed into Ragnaros.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Faceless Manipulator from properly copying Moat Lurker’s Deathrattle effect.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Silverware Golem from activating properly when discarded during the Romulo and Julianne encounter in One Night in Karazhan.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent several bosses in One Night in Karazhan from attacking when Abomination is played.
2016-08-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue where certain Quests were not correctly added to the random Quest pool.
2016-07-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The following issues have been resolved for PC and Mac:
- Addressed certain instances where players were unable to log in to Hearthstone and received the error message, “Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.”
2016-07-14 hotfix[edit | edit source]
NB: The below changes were released either as part of Patch 126.96.36.19914 or immediately afterwards, and were posted in the official hotfixes thread. They are included here for completeness.
- The following issues have been resolved for PC and Mac:
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to log in to Hearthstone and received the error message, “Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.”
- Addressed an issue where players were able to get duplicates of the same quest.
- Addressed an issue where Morgl’s Hero Power was not animating correctly.
2016-05-04 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Addressed an issue in the Blackrock Mountain adventure where Moira Bronzebeard would attack minions that do not have Taunt.
- Addressed an issue where the interaction between Mad Scientist, SI:7 Agent, and Mirror Entity was not resolving as intended.
- Addressed an issue where the interaction between Wild Pyromancer and Haunted Creeper’s Deathrattle were not resolving as intended.
- The reward cards Old Murk-Eye and Captain's Parrot can now be crafted and disenchanted and can no longer be acquired through their respective Quests.
- Addressed an issue where Ancient Harbinger would add 10-cost spells to the hand rather than 10-cost minions.
- Addressed an issue where Forlorn Stalker was able to buff Deathrattle weapons in the hand rather than Deathrattle minions.
- Addressed an issue where playing Cabal Shadow Priest while Brann Bronzebeard was in play alongside 5 other minions would destroy the stolen minion.
- Addressed an issue where playing Forbidden Healing at 0 mana with Spell Power in play would cause it to deal damage.
- (Mac) Addressed an issue where opening the friends list would cause a crash.
2016-04-28 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue with the interaction between Fandral Staghelm and Dark Wispers. The Dark Wispers buff can now only be cast on minions as intended.
2016-01-05 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- We’ve hotfixed the proportion of League of Explorers cards that appear while building an Arena deck. Previously, some League of Explorers cards were scarce, while others appeared much too frequently. League of Explorers cards should now correctly appear about 50% more often in Arenas than other sets. (Source)
2015-11-20 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue that would occur when Unearthed Raptor’s Battlecry effect was used to duplicate several copies of a Deathrattle. The total number of Deathrattle effects that can be copied on a single minion is now capped [to 16].
2015-09-03 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- It is no longer possible to detect when a minion that has been used in a joust has been drawn.
- Resolved an issue with Nozdormu and joust that resulted in players losing a large portion of individual turns. [Note: The issue with Nozdormu allowing players to skip their opponents' turns was only specifically resolved in the cases of Youthful Brewmaster and any Joust minion.]
2015-04-02 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue involving the use of Recombobulator on minions that have had their mana costs affected by Emperor Thaurissan.
- Resolved an issue with Nozdormu when he is played by High Justice Grimstone.
- Heroic Blackrock Mountain bosses now use the correct card back.
2015-02-26 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Issue causing purchase screen to appear darkened and prevent players from progressing with purchases has been addressed. Players should be able to obtain packs and enter Arena with no issues.
2015-02-09 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Hearthstone in-game friends list should be less crowded as your friends have agreed to give each other some space. Names should no longer overlap.
2014-10-01 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Naxxramas game board has been added to the game board rotation in Play and Arena mode.
2014-09-23 hotfix[edit | edit source]
2014-09-03 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- The Warrior and Paladin Class Challenges found within Curse of Naxxramas are now improved. This should result in reduced hair loss and property damage.
2014-08-28 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Kel'Thuzad now correctly returns golden minions as golden minions.
- Fixed an issue with deck building.
2014-08-15 hotfix[edit | edit source]
- A Deathrattle minion that has been affected by Silence will no longer trigger Baron Rivendare when destroyed.
- The activation of Voidcaller's Deathrattle while Baron Rivendare is on the battlefield will no longer lead to more than 7 minions in play.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Patches - a list of all Hearthstone client updates
- Platform-specific patch changes - a list of changes specific to the game's non-PC versions
- Card changes - a list of all changes made to specific cards
- Rule changes - a list of changes to pre-existing game mechanics
- Bugs - an ongoing project to chart all bugs currently affecting the game