|Abilities:||Deal damage, Restore Health|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Deal 2 damage to all enemies. Restore 2 Health to all friendly characters.
If the Holy Light forsakes you, good luck casting this spell. Also, you're probably a jerk.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Holy Nova are a reward for raising a priest to level 6.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- Example: an Imp Gang Boss hit by Holy Nova will generate an Imp and could cause a Knife Juggler to deal 1 damage to a Northshire Cleric, which is then healed by the same Holy Nova, causing it to draw a card. Moreover, the healing part of Holy Nova can heal mortally wounded minions and heroes, preventing them from dying.
- As usual, Spell Damage increases the damage dealt by this spell but it does not affect the amount of Health restored.
- Auchenai Soulpriest and Embrace the Shadow will convert Holy Nova's healing into damage, causing it to deal damage also to all friendly characters.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Holy Nova is one of the most devastating opponent board wipes in Hearthstone and, coupled with its Health regeneration, is the cornerstone of many popular priest sustain decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Holy Nova is a priest spell from World of Warcraft. It is an instant AoE healing and damage spell with a 10-yard range, healing the 5 lowest-health allies and dealing damage to all enemies within range. Holy Nova is mostly used for dealing instant AoE damage, such as when dealing with a hunter's Snake Trap, or when attempting to flush a rogue out of stealth, and unlike its Hearthstone incarnation, is generally ineffectual for achieving substantial healing or damage. Due largely to its disuse, with Mists of Pandaria Holy Nova was made into a glyph, removing it from priests' basic ability roster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card Holy Nova.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Trump (2016-05-25). Hearthstone: Trump, Dragonlord - Part 3 (Priest Standard) at 11:03. Retrieved on 2016-05-27.
- http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20745105136 Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16830 (2016-06-01)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUzKLfsm13s&t=9m05s Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12421 (ONiK patch)