High Priest Thekal
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage, Gain Armor|
Battlecry: Convert all but 1 of your hero's Health into Armor.
"…and then I beat him with 1 Health!"
- For the boss of the same name, see High Priest Thekal (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|High Priest Thekal||1600||400|
|Golden High Priest Thekal||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Armor granted by High Priest Thekal is added onto any existing Armor the player's hero already has.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a powerful inclusion in any Paladin deck that runs healing. By converting almost your entire Health to Armor it allows you to "overheal" with healing cards that could often go to waste if you have little opportunities to take damage, whether if it's from being ahead on board or lacking a weapon and an enemy minions to trade into. With Thekal, you can get a much earlier head start in getting the full value out of heals, which is especially relevant for cards that synergize with healing such as Lesser Pearl Spellstone and Zandalari Templar. In addition, as a vanilla 3-mana 3/4 it has solid base stats that can fit into curve easily.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- What, you tink you can take ME?
- Tiger punch!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- High Priest Thekal was the High Priest of the Primal God Shirvallah, the god tiger. In order to quell Hakkar the Soulflayer, the trolls of the land banded together and sent a contingent of High Priests into the ancient city of Zul'Gurub. Each priest was a powerful champion of the Primal Gods, but despite their best efforts they fell under the sway of Hakkar. Now the champions and their Primal God aspects feed the awesome power of the Soulflayer. Any adventurers brave enough to venture into the foreboding ruins must overcome the High Priests if they are to have any hope of confronting the mighty blood god.
In Hearthstone lore, Thekal serves as the champion of Shirvallah's Tigers, the paladin team in Rastakhan's Rumble. The last time the Rumble was held, Thekal secured victory for Shirvallah's Tigers by clinching the final against Gral's Sharks.
- This master fighter is a fan favorite! Wielding the Light as a weapon, he can use his healing energy in ways Paladins haven't seen before. Confident to a fault, Thekal moves almost as quickly as he talks, dancing around his opponents for the crowd.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2018-11-21).
- Daxxarri (2018-11-12). Rastakhan’s Rumble: A New Challenger Approaches – Part 1. Retrieved on 2018-11-12.
- Blizzard Press Center - Rastakhan's Rumble Announcement Press Kit, Rastakhan's Rumble Champions Fact Sheet enUS. (2018-11-02). Retrieved on 2018-11-06.