Hex Lord Malacrass
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate|
Battlecry: Add a copy of your opening hand to your hand (except this card).
Extremely awkward cousin of Hex Lord Malaclass.
- For the boss of the same name, see Hex Lord Malacrass (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Hex Lord Malacrass||1600||400|
|Golden Hex Lord Malacrass||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Hex Lord Malacrass is a very value-oriented card for control decks with peculiar applications. While normally in the mulligan phase you generally opt for cheap cards you can play early on, doing so will weaken the value Malacrass provides. Maximizing his effect will require a balance between low-cost cards to play at the start of the match and mid to high-cost cards that you want another copy of late game.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- De spirits feast today!
- Choogo zinn!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Hex Lord Malacrass is a witch doctor of the Amani forest trolls, a boss in Zul'Aman (both the original raid version and the revamped dungeon version), and the one who devised the plan of imbuing the greatest warriors of the Amani with the essences of their loa gods.
- From the original World of Warcraft website
- Furious at the Horde's latest betrayal, Zul'jin was pleased when the witch doctor Malacrass approached him with a devious plan to crush the elves once and for all. Malacrass had studied the Zandalari high priests and their ability to call upon the favor of the animal gods. He also knew that the elves had magically bound one of the mighty naaru, using it to channel the power of the Light into their own ranks. Malacrass had devised a similar plan: to seal the power of the animal gods within the bodies of the Amani's strongest warriors. Zul'jin quickly approved the plan and lent his full support. Malacrass experimented tirelessly and succeeded in imbuing four warriors with the essence of mighty animal gods: the lynx, dragonhawk, bear, and eagle. Some adventurers fear that Malacrass may have bound a fifth, even darker essence within his own soul....
- From the World of Warcraft Adventure Guide
- Rumored to be the most feared witch doctor of the Amani tribe in decades, Hex Lord Malacrass has done the unthinkable and sealed the essences of several mighty troll animal gods in their strongest champions ... keeping the darkest one for himself.
- The fury of Jan’alai the Dragonhawk loa fuels Malacrass’s fire on the Rumble field. Despite a flair for the dramatic, Malacrass is a clever opponent. He’ll give Mages who are willing to plan ahead access to useful resources.
- Rikkar admired Malacrass’ showmanship. Despite his team’s reputation as hot-heads, they knew how to fire up the crowd before sending the fireballs flying.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At one point during the development of Rastakhan's Rumble, Malacrass' Battlecry could generate copies of The Coin and himself if they were part of the player's opening hand. The effect was changed to not create copies of Malacrass himself due to "degenerating gameplay" and the potential ability to endlessly generate new copies of Arcane Missiles or Frost Nova by playing Malacrass over and over again.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Press Center - Rastakhan's Rumble Announcement Press Kit, Rastakhan's Rumble Champions Fact Sheet enUS. (2018-11-02). Retrieved on 2018-11-06.
- Daxxarri (2018-11-21). A New Challenger Approaches - Part 2. Retrieved on 2018-11-21.
- Skiffington (2018-11-07). Interview With Hearthstone Game Designers Liv Breeden & Peter Whalen At BlizzCon: Discussing Rastakhan's Rumble!. Hearthstone Top Decks. Retrieved on 2018-11-12.