Herald of Flame (Battlegrounds)
|See other versions: Regular and BG Gold|
|Abilities:||Overkill, Positional effect|
Overkill:: Deal 3 damage to the left-most enemy minion.
Herald of Flame is a tier 4 minion in the Battlegrounds game mode.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Herald of Flame's Overkill effect can proc off itself, which means a string of low-health minions can wipe out multiple minions in one hit. This makes it effective against token builds, which only the strongest of token minions can survive. While its effect would be most optimal to attack as late as possible, it still needs to survive long enough to attack, so proper ordering is important. Even against non-token minions, it still outputs a bit of damage and pops Divine Shields, which helps with finishing off a damaged high-priority cleave minion or disabling a Cobalt Guardian's shields.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Herald of Flame is one of the few Battlegrounds minions that debuted in Rumble Run, as well as Ghastcoiler and Glyph Guardian.
- Like Glyph Guardian, stats and effects of Herald of Flame were altered from its Rumble Run counterpart.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168246 (2020-03-17):
- Old: 4 Health → New: 6 Health.
- Golden Old: 8 Health → Golden New: 12 Health.
- Patch 22.214.171.124174 (2020-02-26): Added.