|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Set attribute, Summon|
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 copy of each of your other minions.
His whole job is yelling "Yogg-Saron comin'!"
How to get
|Golden Herald Volazj||3200||1600|
- This card's Battlecry summons 1/1 copies of each friendly minion on the battlefield. Minions in the deck or hand will not be copied.
- The copied minions' stats are changed to 1/1 by an enchantment granted by Volazj. Silencing the 1/1 copies will therefore restore them to their full base stats. Summoning copies of these minions, such as through Resurrect or N'Zoth, will also see them restored to their base stats, since that process does not preserve enchantments.
- Due to the 7-minion limit, Herald Volazj can summon copies of at most 3 minions. Additional minions will not be copied.
- The copies will have all other attached enchantments also copied (but will be set to 1/1 afterwards, it is believed). For example, if you copy a minion with Shadow Madness attached, the copy will also go back to your opponent at end of turn.
- 'After you summon a minion' triggers like Sword of Justice resolve after the minion becomes a 1/1, giving you a 2/2. (Prior to Patch 7.1, you would only get a 1/1.)
This Battlecry is ideal to summon 2-3 other minions with useful Deathrattles or ongoing effects. This card's value lies in the minions available to copy, and given its stat-reducing effects, is primarily effective for minions with useful abilities. To copy a single high-stat minion, use Faceless Manipulator instead.
In Arena it will vary from being good to not so great based on what you have on the board.
- Gaze into the void.
- Your mind betrays you!
- "They who dine on lost souls know only hunger." - Herald Volazj
- Herald Volazj, a faceless one, is the last boss of Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom. He is located within the Fallen Temple of Ahn'kahet. He is a herald of Yogg-Saron and enemy of the nerubians.
- Shgla'yos plahf mh'naus
- (They who dine on lost souls know only hunger.)
- Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul.
- (Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell.)
- Killing a player
- Ywaq puul skshgn: on'ma yeh'glu zuq.
- (They drink your fear: it is the blood of life.)
- Ywaq ma phgwa'cul hnakf.
- (They are the whisper on the shivering wind.)
- Ywaq maq oou; ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn.
- (They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.)
- Iilth vwah, uhn'agth fhssh za.
- (Where one falls, many shall take its place.)
From the Dungeon Journal:
- Amid the Scourge's invasion of Azjol-Nerub, many of the kingdom's denizens tunneled underground to escape the Lich King's minions. Yet some of them dug too deep, exposing the tendrils of Yogg-Saron. Roused by this disturbance, the entity has sent one of its most ancient warriors - Herald Volazj - to cull the beleaguered nerubians and annihilate anyone foolish enough to threaten the Old God.
- The original design for this card was "Become a copy of your opponent." The opponent's hero, minions and cards (including both hand and deck) were copied.
- This card's final effect may have its origins as a Hero Power for the original Y'Shaarj, which saw any hero whose deck included Y'Shaarj replaced at the very start of the match by Y'Shaarj itself, with 15 Health and a "crazy new Hero Power". Several different designs were tried for the Hero Power, including "Draw a card. If it’s a minion, put it into play as a 1/1."
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) When Herald Volazj copies a silenced minion, the copies it creates will now correctly also be silenced.
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Added.
- Stated by Frodan during the livestream.
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-03-30).
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-04-05).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2016-03-20).
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4yf9dd/sword_of_justice_into_barnes_makes_a_11/ Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12421 (ONiK patch)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/522jg4/herald_volazj_and_addled_grizzly_bug/ Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19921 (ONiK patch)
- Hearthhead - Peter Whalen Interview Summary - Titans Were Axed, Herald Volazj Copied Your Opponent. (2016-05-26).
- The Angry Chicken: "The One with Iksar". (2016-05-18).
- IGN - BLIZZARD ON DESIGNING HEARTHSTONE’S OLD GODS. (2016-06-20).