|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
|Tags:||Battlefield-related, Beast-related, Durability-related|
Battlecry: If you control a Beast, gain +1 Durability.
Zul'jin's primary recruiting tool.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Headhunter's Hatchet can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Headhunter's Hatchet can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Headhunter's Hatchet||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- For Beast Hunter, Headhunter's Hatchet is almost a 2 mana 2/3 weapon, far more aggressive than Candleshot, cheaper and more flexible than Eaglehorn Bow.
- Playing before Bloodscalp Strategist on curve with a beast as 1-drop is an extraodinary opening.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Headhunters are spearmen specialized in tracking and hunting their opponents. Many headhunters are trolls, dexterous spearthrowers and experts at taking trophies on their fallen opponents. Through a combination of learning how to channel their rage and alchemical means, troll headhunters can become known as berserkers.
- Though the Horde allied itself with the evil forest trolls during the Second War, the alliance was short lived due to the Horde’s eventual defeat. But Thrall, on one of his many journeys, befriended a tribe of shadowy trolls from the steamy jungles of Stranglethorn. These cunning warriors are trained from birth to hunt, track and trap the most dangerous beasts in the wilds and possess the uncanny ability to regenerate lost health. In times of war, however, headhunters relish turning their mighty spears on the enemies of the Horde without hesitation. Capable of hurling their deadly spears at distant enemies, troll headhunters provide invaluable cover fire for the other warriors of the Horde. Like all trolls, headhunters can regenerate lost health over time. This racial ability makes the trolls fearsome opponents and often allows them to spring back into combat even though they’ve suffered grievous wounds.
While headhunters are traditionally known as spear wielders, with axes more commonly being relegated to troll axethrowers, a few headhunters such as Shadowpine Headhunters and Witherbark Headhunters have been seen using axes as well.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206845 (2018-11-29): Added.