|Abilities:||Combo, Deal damage, Return to hand|
Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Combo: Return this to your hand next turn.
When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Headcrack can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Headcrack can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 or Gold 10 in Ranked mode.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- First, it damages its target, queuing and resolving triggers;
- Then, if comboed, at the end of the turn (just before the opponent's Start of Turn Phase) it is returned to the hand. Notice that this is a true return effect, not a spell-generation effect: at the end of turn the card is moved out of the graveyard and into the hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a damage spell, Headcrack benefits greatly from Spell Damage.
Strictly speaking, its primary effect is a weak, costly alternative to most other classes' arsenal, such as Arcane Shot, Frostbolt, Mind Blast or Lightning Bolt. Its combo, however, sets it apart from the rest and opens up some very unique options:
- it can be used to repeatedly trigger friendly minion effects, such as Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Violet Teacher or Questing Adventurer
- it can be used to defuse the opponent's Secrets, such as Counterspell, Ice Block or Eye for an Eye
- it can be used late game as a mana sink, ie, to spend otherwise unused mana to damage an opponent (same usage as Hunter's Steady Shot ability)
- it guarantees you will have an extra card in hand next turn, which is helpful in some instances (Twilight Drake, Mountain Giant)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Headcrack's artwork was changed in patch 126.96.36.199761. According to game designer Liv Breeden, this is because the original was deemed too dark and hard to read.
- The artwork originally used for this card prior to patch 188.8.131.52761 comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card Head Trauma.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206761 (2019-07-01): Received new card art.
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now costs 3 mana, up from 2.
- Previously: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Combo: Return this to your hand next turn. [2 mana, Rare]
References[edit | edit source]
- Andy Chalk and Bo Moore (2019-07-02). Blizzard says Hearthstone card art changes have nothing to do with China. PC Gamer. Retrieved on 2019-07-25.