Hand of Gul'dan
|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Tags:||Discard-related, On-discard effect|
When you play or discard this, draw 3 cards.
His skull also draws three cards. Imagine how many cards he could draw with HIS ENTIRE BODY!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Hand of Gul'dan||40||5|
|Golden Hand of Gul'dan||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As long as you deck has only cards that cost 5 or less and Hand of Gul'dan, Expired Merchant or Nightshade Matron can guarantee discarding this card, which provides insane card draw advantage early in the game. It is certainly a welcome addition in warlock's discard decks as it needs as many on-discard effects cards as they can to make up for discard's card disadvantage and randomness.
Since warlocks have a lot of card drawing, 3 is quite a huge number and may cause overdraw. Remember to count the cards in your hand accordingly before when discarding this card, especially while Malchezaar's Imp is in play or you plan to play Doomguard with 2 Hand of Gul'dans in your hand.
Lore[edit | edit source]
"Hand of Gul'dan" is the name of both a World of Warcraft warlock spell that summons Wild Imps and a giant volcano in Shadowmoon Valley. The shards from the meteor that the spell summons and the volcano are both depicted in this card's art.
- The Hand of Gul'dan is a massive volcano west of the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley. It is named after Gul'dan, the warlock who aided Medivh in opening the Dark Portal. According to the Earthen Ring, this volcano was raised by Gul'dan himself when he severed the connection between the orcish people and the elemental spirits of Draenor, and dominates much of the landscape in the valley. The truth is the volcano always existed, and the spell that severed the connection to the elements also turned the volcano fel.
- A vision of this act is repeatedly depicted at the Altar of Damnation, near the Fel Pits on the volcano's western face.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hand of Gul'dan's flavor text references the Skull of Gul'dan card.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-03-25).