Hammer of Twilight
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
Deathrattle: Summon a 4/2 Elemental.
Stop! It's Twilight Hammer time.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Hammer of Twilight||400||100|
|Golden Hammer of Twilight||1600||400|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card offers excellent value and card advantage, providing a 3 mana minion, plus a 4/2 weapon, for just 5 mana. The downsides are the tempo delay on appearance of the Twilight Elemental, and the Elemental's low Health, making it an easy target for smaller minions or weak removal. The Elemental's poor stats for its cost make it a good target for Evolve, helping it to survive long enough to attack with.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Hammer of Twilight is the weapon of Cho'gall, and a fixed device located at the Altar of Twilight of Twilight Highlands.
- The Hammer was forged for Cho'gall by Wildhammer smiths, commissioned by Deathwing and imbued with power of the Old Gods. It is symbolic for the Twilight's Hammer clan. Its creation was a matter of utmost secrecy until Mathias Shaw/Garona, members of the Earthen Ring and adventurers discovered the whole plot. Although the project became jeopardized by their efforts, Cho'gall succeeded in its creation and now wields it within Bastion of Twilight. The heroes who will be brave enough to defeat the mad ogre mage can take it for themselves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the 1990 song "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Twilight's Hammer.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Added.