The Hallow's End is a Hearthstone seasonal event that takes place each year during the latter half of October. Themed around the Headless Horsemen, the event features special emotes, a themed Tavern Brawl, and different rules for Arena mode.
History[edit | edit source]
|2017||October 24, 2017||November 5, 2017|
|2018||October 17, 2018||October 31, 2018|
Features[edit | edit source]
2018[edit | edit source]
- Between October 17 and October 31, when logging, players will receive a golden copy of Witch's Cauldron.
- A special deal that includes 20 The Witchwood packs will reward the new alternate paladin hero, Sir Annoy-O.
2017[edit | edit source]
- Between October 24 and October 30, when logging, players received two Whispers of the Old Gods packs. And between October 31 and November 5, when logging, players received two Knights of the Frozen Throne packs.
- Each week, players were given one free Arena ticket.
Both years[edit | edit source]
- During the event, a new Arena Dual-mode was available. When entering a Arena run, players first choose a Hero class (Only classic Heroes can be used, and they are using costumes) and then a Hero Power from other class and can draft cards from both classes.
- Heroes use alternate, festive Greetings emotes (see individual hero pages for listings).
- The Stormwind and Orgrimmar battlefields were replaced with new halloween versions.
- During the event, the main menu was populated by drifting sparks, webs and smoke.
- A special, festive Tavern Brawl, The Headless Horseman Rides!, appears during the event.
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft, the Hallow's End is a world event which lasts from late October to early November. During the event, pumpkins and candles are set up in the main cities across the world. Players can visit the inns around the world to collect Tricky Treats, a currency used to purchase special pets, toys, heirlooms, food items and costumes. Players can eat those Tricky Treats to gain a temporary buff to increase movement speed.
[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Hallow’s End Greetings – Jaina Proudmoore (2017-10-17)
- HA! HA! Happy Hallow's End! (2017-10-17)
Lunar New Year (February)
Midsummer Fire Festival (July)
Hallow's End (October)
Winter Veil (December)