Gruul the Dragonkiller
This enormous gronn doesn't bother to pick his targets with care.
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Boss||Slayer of the Mighty||2|
|Bring It On!||1|
|Sleep with the Fishes||2|
|Mogor the Ogre||1|
- Please add any available information to this section.
- Gruul the Dragonkiller
- Gruul smell flesh!
- Beg for life!
- Ha-hrm. DISAGREE.
- No escape.
- Away from here.
- Leave Gruul alone.
- Just want to be left alone…
- Make a gronn angry, get crushed.
- Wish I was there to kill the big, BIG dragon.
- No more.
- Slayer of the Mighty
- All dragons must suffer! (targeting a dragon)
- Deathwing / Deathwing, Mad Aspect
- You! Deathwing! Ready to fight again?!
- Any other dragon minion
- Dragons did not learn their lesson?!
- Magic man is back?
- Purple Gruul… not Gruul! I am Gruul!
- No.. I lost... (killed by a dragon)
- Gruul the Dragonkiller is the father of the seven gronn lords of the ogres, and the most powerful of them. Although he seems to be nothing but a cruel brute, he possesses intelligence. In the events unfolded in the novel Beyond the Dark Portal — shortly after Deathwing invaded his home — Gruul was met by the lost heroes of the Second War: Khadgar, Turalyon, and Alleria Windrunner. They were after the Skull of Gul'dan which Deathwing possessed. After that, Gruul and his ogre minions, along with the heroes, challenged Deathwing from his perch in Blade's Edge Mountains — killing his eggs and impaling his lesser black drakes on the mountain spikes. Infuriated by this act, Deathwing landed on top of them and attacked Gruul. Although clearly no match for the mad Aspect's power, Gruul was saved by Khadgar's miraculuous spell when he disassembled some of the adamantium plates that were holding Deathwing's unstable body together resulting in Deathwing's retreat. This led to a clear devastation for the black dragonflight in Outland. The results can still be seen as impaled black dragon corpses all over Blade's Edge Mountains.
In Warlords of Draenor
From the Dungeon Journal:
- Garrosh knew that the surest path to breaking the gronn lay in subjugating their great father, Gruul. Known in another time as the Dragonkiller, here Gruul has been reduced to the role of menial laborer. In a cruel mockery of the Shattered Hand’s warrior tradition, his hand has been replaced with a hook to enable him to more easily haul pallets of fuel to the furnace.
- Patch 22.214.171.124534 (2020-06-09): Added.