Greater Arcane Missiles
|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
Shoot three missiles at random enemies that deal 3 damage each.
Wow, and I thought Arcane Missiles was great!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Greater Arcane Missiles can be obtained through Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs purchased online from the Battle.net shop, or through crafting. Golden Greater Arcane Missiles can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Greater Arcane Missiles||400||100|
|Golden Greater Arcane Missiles||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
This spell shoots 3 missiles, each one dealing damage to a randomly selected enemy character:
- Each missile is resolved (queuing and resolving triggered effects, such as that of Acolyte of Pain) before the next one is shot.
- As with all random effects, the missiles can hit any enemy, including Stealthed minions and the enemy hero.
- Characters which have been mortally wounded by earlier missiles or destroyed by triggered effects like Acidmaw will not be selected as targets for subsequent missiles (thus preventing missiles from dealing 'overkill' damage to targets that have already been destroyed by earlier missiles).
- Bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen will increase the damage dealt by each missile (rather than increasing the number of missiles as they do with Arcane Missiles): for example, with Spell Damage +2 this spell will shoot 3 missiles, each one dealing 5 damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Its very high cost compared to the "regular" Arcane Missiles suggests that is meant to played with Inkmaster Solia, or another cost reduction effect like Emperor Thaurissan. Otherwise this card will be unusable until Turn 7, by which point Firelands Portal provides much more value.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2016-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Place on Twitter. (2016-11-29).