Grand Widow Faerlina
The Grand Widow oversees the Arachnid Quarter, and teaches Acolytes to worship the master.
- For the Grand Widow Faerlina Class Challenge, see Curse of Naxxramas Class Challenges
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
|Acolyte of Pain||2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Faerlina's Hero Power selects its targets randomly, much like Arcane Missiles. It can therefore hit Stealthed targets and elusive minions such as Faerie Dragon.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
To reduce the damage of Faerlina's Hero Power, the player should try to use up the cards in their hand as much as they can. Constructing a deck composed of low-cost cards can help with this.
Alternatively, this fight can be thought of as a DPS race - burn her down before her Hero Power overwhelms you.
The popular Zoolock decks work wonderfully against Faerlina. These decks work by playing swarms of low-cost minions and cheap Taunt cards early on to overwhelm your opponent, thus keeping the count of cards in your hand perpetually low. Just remember to include some removal like Soulfire or Shadow Bolt, to deal with Followers, Necroknights, and Dancing Swords should they become a problem. If you find yourself out of cards, use Life Tap.
- Guides and decklists
- Hearthpwn.com - The Arachnid Quarter Heroic Boss Deck Guides
- Hearthhead.com - Decks for Defeating Grand Widow Faerlina
Videos[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Grand Widow Faerlina[edit | edit source]
- Opening remark
- My acolytes serve me without question!
- Emote response
- Hero Power
- Kneel before me, worm!
- Worshipper summoned
- Slay them in the Master's name!
- Worshipper destroyed
- You have failed!
- The master will avenge me!
Kel'Thuzad[edit | edit source]
- Faerlina is training acolytes to worship me. Her job is VERY IMPORTANT; do not disturb her!
- Faerlina means nothing. The Spider Queen will dispatch you EASILY.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Once one of the high-ranking members of the Cult of the Damned under Kel'Thuzad, in death she breeds and takes care of the seemingly endless amount of arachnids that swarm from the depths of the citadel. A master of poisons, she has a keen understanding of what makes mortals suffer.
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- "The Grand Widow Faerlina, a botanist in life, breeder and caretaker of arachnids in death, she oversees the spider wing, developing the most potent of poisons for the Lich King."
- - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of October/November 2014, Grand Widow Faerlina was the deadliest Naxxramas boss in Normal mode.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Naxxramas Raid Deck" series, for the card Grand Widow Faerlina.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Artist[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19924 (2014-07-22): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis (official blog). (2014-07-03).
- Fireside Chat - Mobile Development Update. (2014-10-21).
- Misty Lee on Twitter - retweeted by Ben Brode. (2014-08-05).