|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Tags:||Deck-related, Random, Triggered effect|
At the end of your turn, cast a spell from your deck (targets chosen randomly).
Qualifications: Found pointy hat.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Grand Archivist can be obtained through Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Grand Archivist can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Grand Archivist||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spell chosen by this minion will be cast and then removed from the deck. It works similarly to put into battlefield effects that target minions in your deck, such as Recruit.
- Grand Archivist only selects a spell that meets all preconditions for casting it (for example, Mind Control will only be cast if the enemy controls a minion and your side of the board is not full). If there are no valid spells in the deck that can be cast at the time the effect triggers, nothing will happen.
- When an unidentified spell (i.e. Unidentified Elixir, Unidentified Shield) is cast, it will only activate the base effect.
- Spells that involve a choice, such as Discover effects, will choose a random option.
- Eligible targets for spells that target a minion include the Grand Archivist himself.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
This card can be used best to cast non-targeted, high-cost spells, to ensure that its impact is positive rather than negative. Priest, for example, has Free From Amber, while Hunter has Call of the Wild.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Oh, what's this one do!
- Effect triggering
- I try this.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.