|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Tags:||Deck-related, Random, Triggered effect|
At the end of your turn, cast a spell from your deck (targets chosen randomly).
Qualifications: Found pointy hat.
How to get
|Golden Grand Archivist||1600||400|
- The spell chosen by this minion will be cast and then removed from the deck. It works similarly to put into battlefield effects that target minions in your deck, such as Recruit.
- Grand Archivist only selects a spell that meets all preconditions for casting it (for example, Mind Control will only be cast if the enemy controls a minion and your side of the board is not full). If there are no valid spells in the deck that can be cast at the time the effect triggers, nothing will happen.
- When an unidentified spell (i.e. Unidentified Elixir, Unidentified Shield) is cast, it will only activate the base effect.
- Spells that involve a choice, such as Discover effects, will choose a random option.
- Eligible targets for spells that target a minion include the Grand Archivist himself.
- Please add any available information to this section.
This card can be used best to cast non-targeted, high-cost spells, to ensure that its impact is positive rather than negative. Priest, for example, has Free From Amber, Druid has Survival of the Fittest, while Hunter has Call of the Wild.
- Oh, what's this one do!
- Effect triggering
- I try this.
- If you control two Grand Archivists and they cast Brawl and Plague of Murlocs in that order, Brawl's animation will first finish, then Plague of Murlocs will transform the minions into fully intact Murlocs, even the ones that lost the Brawl. This results in every minion surviving, albeit stuck spread out in their positions after Brawl's animation. After participating in combat, the minions on the same side will all snap back to their normal positions.
- The reason for this bug is because both Grand Archivists cast their spells during the End of Turn Phase before any further events (such as minion deaths) can resolve. The first Grand Archivist casts Brawl and marks all of the losing minions as pending destroy, while the second casts Plague of Murlocs and transforms all minions on field, removing their pending destroy tag. Since Brawl is expected to destroy the minions pending destroy, the animation is supposed to end with their positions spread out, but since there are none left, the transformed minions' positions are glitched.
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.