Gral, the Shark
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Deathrattle, Generate, Increment attribute, Remove from deck|
Battlecry: Eat a minion in your deck and gain its stats.
Deathrattle: Add it to your hand.
“… We’re gonna need a bigger board.”
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Gral, the Shark||1600||400|
|Golden Gral, the Shark||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gral, the Shark's Battlecry causes him to remove a random minion from the player's deck and gain that minion's Attack and Health (but not any of its card text). Gral's Deathrattle generates a copy of the minion that was removed.
- If Gral's Battlecry triggers twice as a result of playing him with Brann Bronzebeard or Spirit of the Shark on the board, he will remove and gain the stats of two different minions from the player's deck, and his Deathrattle will consequently generate a copy of each minion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
Gral's effect is comparable to minions with a draw effect on Deathrattle like Loot Hoarder, but targets minions specifically and can be much more cost-efficient if a larger minion was targeted. It takes at least 3 mana's worth of stats to be on par for its stats. It generates even more value with Spirit of the Shark, taking the stats of two minions and drawing two cards. With Deathrattle activators like Necrium Blade, you can gain additional copies of the eaten minions immediately as well.
Extremely powerful if The Darkness is eaten, creating a 5-mana 22/22.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You're mine, chum!
- Feeding time!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Gral, the shark, is the loa of the sea. He is worshiped by the Zandalari, at his shrine of Atal'Gral in Zuldazar. The deep ocean is his realm and the darkest ocean is his domain. He is wise and takes a long view on things. Gral is quite powerful and when it comes to his knowledge of the sea, none can compare. He watches over every voyage.
- Five years before the war in Zandalar, the naga tore down Gral's temple Atal'Gral and killed every last one of his followers. Gral was furious and anyone near the water could feel his pain as each follower fell. There was talk by the Zandalari of rebuilding the temple, but with Gral either missing or weak, it remained just talk.
- The naga would return years later seeking secrets at the ruins of Atal'Gral, and Gral was awakened to combat them. Gral knew that the naga were dealing with darkness they could not comprehend and would soon become nothing more than a hollow tool to those who may answer. He could feel it beneath and around him, and so awakened from his slumber in order to defeat their local leader Summoner Siavass. Gral knew that Queen Azshara reached into a dark place from where she could not return, and vowed to tear her apart himself when the time came in revenge for his followers.
- Gral was not a subtle Loa. When he wanted something, he went for it, full force. He was a natural match for Captain Hooktusk and the bloodthirsty band of buccaneers she called a Rumble team. When it came to the Sharks, ruthless was a euphemism. They never played by the rules. Sometimes they’d even make up rules just for the pleasure of breaking them. Just before they broke their opponents.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gral's flavor text is a reference to "You're gonna need a bigger boat", a famous quote spoken by Martin Brody in the 1975 film Jaws.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168845 (2018-11-29): Added.