If 1/2 minions are all that is defending Goldshire, you would think it would have been overrun years ago.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Goldshire Footman are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the paladin class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Goldshire Footman can provide some early game defense. However, its low Health allows it to be defeated very easily, making it of limited value overall.
However, it is a surprisingly tenacious card. The ability to Taunt with only 1 mana cost, in combination with the sheer intimidation factor that comes with playing a Goldshire Footman, has caused opponents, more often than not, to simply resign when this card is played.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Ready for action!
- To arms!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Goldshire is the second human town that most human characters visit during their adventures, sometime after level five. Goldshire is centrally located just southwest of Northshire and has most low level class trainers and some profession trainers. It has the first Inn that most human characters will encounter — the Lion's Pride Inn.
- Goldshire has roads that lead to Stormwind City to the northwest, Northshire Abbey to the northeast, Westfall to the west, and Lakeshire (Redridge Mountains zone) to the east. Its prime location makes it an important trade town. Travelers, merchants, adventurers, Stormwind guards, and priests from the abbey all stop and make regular visits to the town on their way to and from Stormwind, usually enjoying the hospitality of the Lion's Pride Inn, one of the most respectable ale houses in Azeroth.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Year of the Mammoth, this was the only card of common rarity made available to your hero in the tutorial, with all others being free. This may reflect that Goldshire Footman was added to the tutorial late in development, or possibly that an error was made in setting its rarity. It now has free rarity just like all other collectible Basic cards.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Marshal Reginald Windsor.
- The card art depicts Marshal Reginald Windsor.
- This card's quotes were taken from the Footman unit in Warcraft III.