Goldrinn, the Great Wolf
|See other versions: BG Gold|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Increment attribute|
Deathrattle: Give your Beasts +4/+4.
Goldrinn, the Great Wolf is a tier 5 minion in the Battlegrounds game mode.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Goldrinn is a primary buffer for Beast warbands, able to buff your board by a staggering +24/+24 if you control 6 other Beasts, making it a must-have minion for Beast strategies. Naturally, it should be played on the left side of your board to trigger its Deathrattle as quickly as possible, and has great synergy with Monstrous Macaw and Baron Rivendare. It is also arguably the best Beast to be given Taunt from Houndmaster and Defender of Argus, as it has a Deathrattle that doesn't summon tokens and isn't a high-priority minion to keep alive. Finally, if you know your opponent is running Zapp Slywick, an unbuffed Goldrinn can potentially draw his attacks if your key minions have Attack buffs.
Goldrinn's main weakness is low-attack Taunts, which delays its Deathrattle until after your other minions have battled and possibly died, though the number of token generators available to Beasts mean that a late Goldrinn can still get some value. Golden Goldrinn gives double the buff but also has higher health, making it harder to trigger if it does not have Taunt.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Goldrinn, also known as Lo'Gosh ("Ghost Wolf" in Taur-ahe), is a Wild God who takes the form of a monstrously powerful white wolf. He embodies ferocity, savagery, and an unyielding will, and legends tell that he possesses unparalleled rage and fury. His is the spirit of the hunter, the animal instinct that kicks in when wild things smell food or feel their children are in jeopardy.
- Goldrinn is known across all cultures and, according to Takrik Ragehowl, has appeared in many forms on both Azeroth and Draenor. His legend extends throughout Azeroth. Worshiped as an Ancient Guardian by the night elves, the tauren know him as Lo'Gosh. Trolls, goblins, and dwarves all have their own versions of the legend. Each tale tells of how the wolf demigod's unyielding will and ferocity enable him to push through the boundaries of the afterlife to aid his people. Lo'Gosh has always been with the orcs on Draenor as a part of their Horde, in their instincts and blood. When the orcs arrived on Kalimdor, they were told of Lo'Gosh by the tauren. The orcs adopted him as their hero on this new world, for they considered that the will of orcs is strong like his and, like him, not even death can stop them.
- It was from a fang of Goldrinn that Belysra Starbreeze and Ralaar Fangfire created the Scythe of Elune, intended to tame the feral spirits of the Druids of the Scythe, but the power of Goldrinn turned them into worgen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Ancients" series, for the card Goldrinn.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199747 (2019-11-05): Added.