|Tags:||Echo-granting, Hand-related, Ongoing effect|
Minions in your hand have Echo.
Summon an unlimited* number of minions!** *Six **Wisps
- For the boss of the same name, see Glinda Crowskin (boss)
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Glinda Crowskin||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Glinda has a very strong effect in zoo decks. For example free, infinite Happy Ghouls until your board is full or free Sea Giants if your board or your opponent's board is full. Gnomeferatu is also an option after you dropped Glinda before one turn. At 10 mana you put on 5 2/3's and you also burn your opponent 5 cards. Her initial high cost makes her difficult to play in these decks, however. Glinda is generally not suitable for control decks since many common minions run in control decks cost too much and cannot use Glinda's Echo effect, and the options are more limited if you want a minion that can be played on the same turn.
Minions affected by Glinda do in fact count towards Mistwraith, if a Rogue is so lucky to find her.
Glinda is even more powerful in Wild, where Mechwarper exists. Even without anything else you can fill your board with a bunch of 2/3 Mechs, but if you have any Magnetic minions in your hand you can magnetize any Magnetic minion that costs up to 5 an infinite number of times until the timer runs out, creating a board with extremely high-statted mechs. With Zilliax, they turn into impervious walls that can't be destroyed short of hard removal while also removing even the toughest minions while healing you to full health. You can prepare a one-turn-kill by playing Coppertail Imposter the previous turn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Your moonlit shadows rise to meet you.
- Give me your heart!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The ancient forest surrounding Gilneas was never entirely safe, even before it was cursed and transformed into the Witchwood, and entities like Glinda Crowskin are the reason why. For as long as anyone in Gilneas can recall, there have been tales of a sinister crone in the woods who can grant one’s fondest desire—for the modest price of a human heart.
- It’s very likely that Glinda Crowskin is the mastermind behind the “Crowskin cult” that has sunk its claws into the city’s underbelly. Her deluded followers believe that Hagatha will grant them power in exchange for devotion. They break Greymane’s curfew, sneaking into the forest in the dead of night to drink strange concoctions and perform mysterious rites. More disturbing still: somehow, more of the cultists return to the city after these nightly sojourns than had snuck into the woods in the first place.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glinda Crowskin is an example of "top down" card design, as the developers had a specific fantasy they wanted to capture and then expressed that through the card design. They started with the legend of Baba Yaga, a supernatural witch-like being from Slavic folklore. An earlier version of the card shuffled Glinda's heart into the player's deck when she died, allowing the player to resummon her when they drew her heart, expressing the story of an immortal witch in the woods. While it was cool to have an "infinite minion", this version of Glinda was not particularly fun from the gameplay side, and so she later shifted into being a card that makes the player's cheap minions really powerful.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16866 (2018-04-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Witchwood Card Reveal Livestream - Twitch (23:05). (2018-03-26). Retrieved on 2018-03-26.
- Daxxarri (2018-04-18). The Witchwood – Mysterious Missives Part 2. Retrieved on 2018-04-18.