Important note: there is currently an error causing card pages to show a message that they have multiple data pages when they do not. We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Giant Sand Worm
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Tags:||Death-related, Health-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, it may attack again.
Banned from every all-you-can-eat buffet on Azeroth.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Giant Sand Worm can be obtained through Whispers of the Old Gods card packs purchased online from the Battle.net shop, or through crafting. Golden Giant Sand Worm can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Giant Sand Worm||400||100|
|Golden Giant Sand Worm||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Extra attacks granted by Giant Sand Worm's effect stack with the extra attack granted by Windfury. That is, a Giant Sand Worm with Windfury starts at 2 attacks, and gains one new attack (not two) each time it attacks and kills an enemy minion.
- This minion's triggered effect only activates when it initiates the attack that kills the other minion, not when it is attacked.
- Minions set pending destroy such as by Acidmaw count as killed and will allow Giant Sand Worm to trigger. (Acidmaw may have to trigger first or it may not matter - it is untested.)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This minion is capable of both removing multiple minions barring the strongest ones while dealing a significant amount of face damage if left standing.
In Arena it is a decent late game minion. Usually it can kill 2-3 minions, allowing you to gain some control of the field.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Sand worms are huge worm-like creatures found on both Azeroth and Outland. These worms have burrowing claws growing from the upper body that enable the beasts to dig through most kinds of soil with frightening speed, often surprising unwary prey by bursting up through the ground beneath the creature and killing it with its sharp beak-like mouth. Often times they can be spotted due to the rumbling of the ground above them. Young sand worms seem to be unable to tunnel and also lack the characteristic claws.
- The massive worm Ouro was the first sand worm to be encountered by the heroes of Azeroth, but more and more have since appeared throughout the world. Residing in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, Ouro is rumored to have been created by the Old God C'Thun himself as a mockery of life.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Added.