George and Karl (Galakrond's Awakening)
Rakanishu is going to burn the city down... as soon as he's done with these two.
Try to defeat two paladins at once!
The boss for this encounter is George and Karl, while the hero the player controls in Story mode is Rakanishu.
Boss Hero Power[edit | edit source]
|Story and Heroic|
Special cards[edit | edit source]
- Normal only
- George and Karl
Boss decks[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Boss||High Five!||4||Boss||High Five!||4|
|Paladin||Blessing of Wisdom||1||Paladin||Lost in the Jungle||2|
|Desperate Measures||2||Air Raid||2|
|Lost in the Jungle||1||Drygulch Jailor||2|
|A Light in the Darkness||2||Shotbot||2|
|Air Raid||2||Muster for Battle||2|
|Crystalsmith Kangor||1||Rallying Blade||1|
|Bronze Explorer||2||Lightforged Zealot||2|
|Muster for Battle||1||Quartermaster||2|
|Rallying Blade||1||Stand Against Darkness||2|
|Unidentified Maul||1||Level Up!||2|
|Lightforged Zealot||1||Lightforged Crusader||2|
Story mode[edit | edit source]
Player's hero[edit | edit source]
Destroying all carts will transform Rakanishu into Rakanishu, Rekindled with a new Hero Power:
Player's decks[edit | edit source]
|Warlock||Rain of Fire||2|
|Fire Plume Phoenix||2|
|Ragnaros the Firelord||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player has to defeat both George and Karl, similarly to their Dungeon Run counterpart.
- If either George or Karl dies, all High Five! cards are removed from the boss' hand and deck.
- At the start of game, three carts are spawned on each side of the board.
- Destroying all six carts with your hero power immediately triggers a hero upgrade to Rakanishu, Rekindled.
- The boss starts with 2 Mana Crystals instead of 0.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Basic Strategy (Normal Mode)
- This fight is basically for board control, you must focus your attention on staying in control of the board.
- Second priority is destroying all six carts to gain your upgraded hero. (It takes six turns to destroy all carts)
- Focus on your mulligan and have means of establishing comfortable board control by turn six. (See the tips section below on mulligan options.)
- When your hero changes, you are healed to 30 and your hero power does 3 damage to *all* enemies. Use this to your advantage if your losing control of the match.
- Once you've become Rakanishu, Rekindled; you can focus on your win condition.
- Tips (Normal Mode)
- Hard Mulligan for Flame Geysers, Scorch. Soft keep Twisted Knowledge, or Igneous Elementals. Using the Geysers provides removal and gives you an elemental token for using Scorch on the next turn. These cheap removal cards will let you easily control the board.
- Depending on RNG, you may need to spend the first 2-4 turns on board control only; (with no mana for hero power). Remember to focus board control first then hero power as frequently as you can.
- In normal mode, do not worry if your hero power RNG clears the Boss's carts before your own.
- You can easily control their board through removal well into later turns.
- When in doubt, race the carts down to heal and then focus on regaining control.
- Save AOE damage spells for when you are behind or are expecting a divine shield buff.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Story mode[edit | edit source]
- Burn it down, Rakanishu! If we can't have this city… NO ONE CAN!
- By fire… be purged!
- We're going to stop you, you overgrown candle!
- Yeah! We're gonna… put you out!
- Burn everything! Oh, except the drapes. I just had them steamed.
- You two make a TERRIBLE team!
- Let's set these ablaze!
- Things are REALLY heating up!
- Nice and FLAMMABLE!
- I don't think anyone is going to miss those carts.
- I know it's wrong but, seeing those carts burn is… cathartic.
- Uhhh George? There's a lot of fire…
- Those poor, poor fruits! You fiend!
Only one cart remains
- Dalaran... it's nice and toasty this time of year!
Rakanishu transforms into Rakanishu, Rekindled
- Fire… Fire! FIRE!!!
- Rakanishu, Rekindled
- Burn it! BURN IT ALL!
- FLAMES WILL CONSUME!!
- Wahaha! Hahahaha!
Boss at 10 health left
- Karl… I think we're gonna lose!
- Then we lose together, George!
- You two STILL make a terrible team!
George and Karl[edit | edit source]
Introduction in Heroic mode
- We're back and better than ever!
- Yeah! A dream team!
- This oughta help put you down…
- A mighty weapon… for revenge!
- The Light will protect me!
- Time to play defensively!
- I'm not gonna listen to your lies anymore, E.V.I.L.!
- Get outta here, you big bully!
- All this chaos, and for what?
- How did I get wrapped up in this?
- I miss the old days. They were simpler.
- I'm so glad George and I could fight together again.
- George didn't deserve any of this.
- I missed our high fives!
- Fall, demon!
- Stand down!
- How are we even going to hit this big guy in the face?
- If Karl did a front flip, and then I gave him a boost…
- We can do this! …
- Let's work as a tag team!
- So glad George decided to come with me!
After using High Five! (Swap to Karl)
- Do I get to control the deck?
- …yes. You do.
Player's any League of Explorers minion
- Wait a minute.. Didn't we meet in Uldum?!
- Sorry… Karl…
- Karl (if he lives)
- George! No! I will… avenge you!
- I let ya down again…
- George (if he lives)
- No! I won't lose him again!
- Can we really win?!
- I hope we can win!
- Oh boy!
Rakanishu[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||Thank you, future crime-spree victim.|
|Greetings||Hello pitiful mortal!|
|Wow||Whoooa - explosive!|
|Threaten||I came here for arson, but I'll settle for assault|
|Sorry||Yeah, sorry about that.|
|Concede||...back to the lamp!|
|Thinking ||Let's be bad guys...|
|Thinking ||Maximum chaos...|
|Thinking ||Mayhem...? Arson? Hm.|
|Almost out of time||Faster. Faster!|
|Almost out of cards||Low on fuel...|
|Out of cards||I'm outta gas!|
|Error: Too many minions||There ain't no room|
|Error: Generic||Can't do it!|
|Error: Hand already full||My hand is too full! It burns!|
|Error: Hero already attacked||I already attacked!|
|Error: Minion not ready||Give that one a moment to get ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That one already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I need mana!|
|Error: Need a weapon||I need a weapon.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I can't play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||That one has stealth.|
|Error: Not a valid target||I need a target!|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||Grr! There's one that's taunting me!|
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206954 (2020-01-21): Added.