Game mode ID
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most game mode ID is shown only for the player themselves, but some is displayed for the opponent as well.
- All game mode ID types include the player's class during the mulligan and at the end of the match; this is removed during the match itself.
Play mode[edit | edit source]
Play mode matches feature the corresponding icons from the Play screen, including indication of Standard or Wild format. Ranked matches also feature the player's current rank, and are shown for both the player and the opponent.
Adventure mode[edit | edit source]
Adventure matches display the current adventure's icon. Practice mode is an exception, and uses the default name-only display. All adventure mode matches also show the opponent's difficulty (Normal or Heroic for adventures, Normal or Expert for Practice mode matches).
Arena[edit | edit source]
In Arena the icon also shows the player's total number of wins and losses so far. This is only shown for the player, and not the opponent. It is also visible by spectating players, but not by players on the friends list.
Tavern Brawls[edit | edit source]
The icon for Tavern Brawl matches can be moused over to reveal the description for the current Brawl
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original player name display was very limited, and in most game modes displayed only the player's name. The system was upgraded to 'Game mode ID' in Patch 22.214.171.12419 and significantly expanded. The new game mode ID system was designed by senior interface designer Max Ma, and first teased in a video shared on the official Twitter account, inviting applicants for a vacancy in the UI department.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19919 (2016-07-12): Expanded to the new 'Game mode ID' system:
- Icons for Casual Play mode added, including indication of Standard or Wild format
- Icons for adventures added
- Icon and mouse over information for Tavern Brawls added
- Icon and win:loss information for Arena added