Galakrond, the Tempest
|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Gain Armor, Replace Hero Power, Summon, Upgradable|
|Tags:||Elemental-generating, Hero Power-related, Invoke-related, Rush-generating|
Battlecry: Summon two 2/2 Storms with Rush. (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
Hagatha cried out over the winds: "Truly, you are as powerful as the Maelstrom!" To which the Tempest answered: "I AM THE MAELSTROM."
How to get[edit | edit source]
A single non-golden copy of Galakrond, the Tempest will be automatically given to each player the first time they open a Descent of Dragons pack. Non-golden Galakrond, the Tempest is uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
|Golden Galakrond, the Tempest||3200||1600|
Upgrades into[edit | edit source]
Generated Hero Power[edit | edit source]
- Minion summoned
Summoned minion[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Galakrond's Invoke effect is quite powerful on Shamans; summoning a 2/1 with Rush makes it very versatile in almost any situation and lets them contest the board fairly well throughout the game. Due to Shaman possessing a double Invoker in Corrupt Elementalist, Galakrond, the Tempest can upgrade more easily than other Galakronds. On top of that, Dragon's Pack makes for a powerful midrange card for Galakrond Shaman. His Battlecry creates a big tempo swing with huge Rush minions, making his midgame even more oppressive.
Galakrond, the Tempest is particularly powerful as a finisher for Quest Shaman decks using Corrupt the Waters. Not only does the quest reward, Heart of Vir'naal, allow Corrupt Elementalist to instantly upgrade this card to its final form, but it can also double Galakrond's own Battlecry, flooding the board with four 8/8 Rushes. This will almost assuredly clear the board and threaten lethal with an enormous 37 damage on the next turn. On top of this, in Wild, Shudderwock can repeat Galakrond's Battlecry to add a second wave of 8/8 Rush minions.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The oceans churn, and the heavens cry!
Emotes[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||Thank you. Fuel for my fires!|
|Well played||An earthshattering play!|
|Greetings||Can you weather the storm?|
|Mirror Greetings||The storm obeys MY demands!|
|Wow||What a whirlwind!|
|Oops||A natural disaster!|
|Threaten||How can YOU stand against a force of nature?|
|Attack||None can withstand the Tempest!|
|Concede||The storm has passed. I give up.|
|Thinking ||What about...|
|Thinking ||What if...|
|Running out of time||The eye of the storm approaches!|
|Almost out of cards||I am running out of cards.|
|Out of cards||I am out of cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||My board is too full.|
|Error: Generic||That is impossible.|
|Error: Hand already full||I have too many cards.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||I cannot attack again.|
|Error: Minion not ready||Give that weakling a turn to get ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I need more Mana for that.|
|Error: Need a weapon||I need a weapon. Or claws.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I cannot do that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||That minion has Stealth.|
|Error: Not a valid target||I cannot target that.|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||I must attack the minion with Taunt.|
|Lunar New Year Greetings||Happy New Year.|
|Winter Veil Greetings||Happy Feast of Winter Veil...|
|Pirate's Day Greetings||Yarr! Galakrond be raidin' the skies.|
|Noblegarden Greetings||Noblegarden... I detest it.|
|Hallow's End Greetings||Hallow's End... My favorite.|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||Fireworks. I love those...|
Unused[edit | edit source]
|Opening remark||I am the tempest! I am the storm!|
|Mirror start||The heavens bow to ME alone!|
|Selection in Arena||Tremble before the maelstrom!|
|Sorry||Sorry. Sacrifices must be made.|
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Galakrond was a massive proto-dragon, who is known as the "progenitor of dragonkind". He was a threat which five proto-dragons of varying colors united against. It is said that from him the Titans created the Aspects, but this is a rumor the Aspects actively encouraged so as to keep the truth about Galakrond a secret from the dragonflights.
- His size alone was greater than all of the Aspects combined, large enough that the only possible being Galakrond could be compared to was himself. His roar could be heard from miles around, and the flap of his wings generated powerful wind. As he continued to consume the life-energies of his fellow proto-dragons, Galakrond grew hideous mutations all over his body (such as limbs and even eyes) and his skin started to decay, almost as if he had become an undead like his victims. Galakrond was not always this large and he used to have a smoother, more streamlined appearance. His mutations were caused by cannibalizing on other proto-dragons, and as a by-product of his absorption of the proto-dragons' life essence his victims came back as undead, called the not-living.
This version of Galakrond is one of five forms he takes in Descent of Dragons, each catering to a League of E.V.I.L. member. This incarnation of Galakrond was reanimated by Swampqueen Hagatha. As Hagatha is a shaman, Galakrond the Tempest surges with raw elemental power.
His other forms are as follows:
- Galakrond, the Nightmare
- Galakrond, the Unbreakable
- Galakrond, the Unspeakable
- Galakrond, the Wretched
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11060 (2019-12-05): Added.