G'huun the Blood God
|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage, Draw cards, Modify cost|
Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost Health instead of Mana.
All of the other Old Gods used to laugh and call him names. They never let poor G'huun join in any Old God games.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|G'huun the Blood God||1600||400|
|Golden G'huun the Blood God||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other cards with Health costs like Cho'gall and Seadevil Stinger, G'huun's Health cost is attached to the cards themselves, meaning the cost will not expire until the card itself is played.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Alone in cost and stats, G'huun doesn't do many favours. However, his real potential lies in the Battlecry effect: drawing two cards and allowing them to be played for Health instead of Mana. Depending on the cards drawn, this can allow for some rather interesting plays. Do keep in mind the amount of Health needed to play these cards; unless you have ample healing to offset the health lost, it can be more detrimental than beneficial to you.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will give your flesh purpose.
- Come, and FEED.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- G'huun (pronounced GU-hoon) was an Old God inadvertently created by the Pantheon during their experiments on the other imprisoned Old Gods, as the titans tried to find a solution to the problem that they posed. Worshiped by the blood trolls of Nazmir as a loa, G'huun was known as the Blood God. Though it was quite less powerful than the other Old Gods, the threat it posed was still world-ending. G'huun's corruption was called "underrot". It sought to spread its rot, pestilence and decay across the world and beyond, and to consume Azeroth in the process.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- G'huun the Blood God's flavour text is in reference to the song, 'Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer'.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206614 (2020-11-12): Added.