|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Discard, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Discard all weapons from your hand and gain their stats.
Smelts in his mouth, not in your hand.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Furnacefire Colossus can be obtained through Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Furnacefire Colossus can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Furnacefire Colossus||1600||400|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is used for decks that run multiple large weapons, and for cases where it may not be feasible to fully use up all weapons at hand, you can sacrifice them for a large minion instead. While this card has the potential to be extremely powerful, it should be used with caution as it's still vulnerable to hard removal and silence effect.
Shamans can give it a Doomhammer which turn it as big as an Ultrasaur with 1 extra Attack for 4 mana less while ignoring the Overload. Warriors have the benefit of using Forge of Souls to draw weapons directly, and weapons like Gorehowl and Arcanite Reaper gives it a huge Attack boost. Other classes do not have very efficient weapons to feed this with.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Me stand on YOUR shoulders!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The same dark sorcery used to command the Scourge's powerful abominations was utilized to even greater effect in the harsh and distant realm of Northrend. Here the Lich King focused his malefic powers on flesh giants: nightmarish creatures that make abominations look tame by comparison.
- Scourge minions assembled flesh giants and abominations in a similar manner, piecing them together out of body parts from numerous corpses. Unlike abominations, though, the "spare parts" used to create flesh giants were harvested from multiple types of fearsome Northrend giants. These living battering rams employed tremendous brute strength in carrying out the inexorable will of their loathsome master.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Furnacefire Colossus' summoning quote is a reference to Isaac Newton's famous quote "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"
- This card's flavor text is based off of the old M&Ms slogan, "Melt in your mouth, not in your hand" which was introduced in 1987.