|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield.
The Frostwolves are locked in combat with the Stormpike Expedition over control of Alterac Valley. Every attempt at peace-talks has ended with Captain Galvangar killing the mediator.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Frostwolf Warlord are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the shaman class.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Frostwolf Warlord's Battlecry grants it +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the field when it is summoned. Ideally therefore summon the Frostwolf Warlord when you have as many minions as possible on the field. It generally pays to summon any other minions earlier in the turn before then summoning Frostwolf Warlord.
Compared to regular stats for other basic minions, the Frostwolf Warlord is efficient when played alongside 2 other minions; lacklustre when played alongside only 1; and very poor when played alone. Played alongside more than 2 other minions, the Frostwolf Warlord is an extremely powerful and efficient option. With a maximum of 7 minions per side of the battlefield, under the right conditions Frostwolf Warlord can produce a 10/10 for only 5 mana.
Frostwolf Warlord therefore has great synergy with decks that can focus on large numbers of usually smaller minions. Paladins and shamans especially can make great use of it with their hero powers. Specific card synergy examples include Imp Master, Razorfen Hunter, Murloc Tidehunter, Dragonling Mechanic and Snake Trap.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Frostwolves stand ready!
- For the Horde!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Frostwolf clan is one of the original orc clans from the planet of Draenor, and one of very few clans not to partake of the Blood of Mannoroth which corrupted the other clans. Today, the Frostwolf clan hopes to retake Alterac Valley from the relic seeking Stormpike Guard dwarves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's art depicts Eitrigg, an orc warrior veteran with close ties to both Thrall and Tirion Fordring, as depicted in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series.
- Eitrigg is an aging Blackrock orc warrior and veteran of the First and Second War. After an encounter with Tirion Fordring, the two warriors came to respect each other and later became friends despite the animosity between their two races.
- Currently, Eitrigg serves the Horde as an advisor to the Warchief. His wise counsel is considered valuable by Thrall, but disregarded by Garrosh Hellscream. He also joined Tirion in the Northrend Campaign as commander of the Argent Crusade's Zul'Drak division.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Now has a Battlecry effect instead of an ongoing effect. Text changed to "'Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield."
- Previously: Has +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield. [5 mana, 4 attack, 4 health, Common]