Forged in the Barrens
- For a hero of the Horde, all roads lead to the Crossroads. You have come for adventure, but the Barrens wants to break you. Your axe... must be sharp! Your wits... must be keen! And your heart... must be mighty! Strength, and honor! This is who we are!
- FOR THE HORDE!
Set in the dusty savannah territory of the Barrens, a literal crossroads where tauren, troll, and orc adventurers gather to prove their worth. Mercenaries of old and newcomers alike train for an upcoming conflict with the Alliance. This set introduced the new keyword, Frenzy, which causes a minion to do something the first time it takes damage as long as it survived the attack. Additionally, it added six Spell schools to the game; Arcane, Fel, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, and Shadow. This applies to new spells but also old ones, opening up many new synergies. It also added Ranked Spells that become more powerful as you gain mana, and Mercenaries that will have their stories told throughout the year.
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Themes
- 4 Trailers
- 5 Lore
- 6 History
- 7 References
- 8 External links
How to get[edit | edit source]
Forged in the Barrens cards are available through the following options:
- Forged in the Barrens card packs are purchasable through the Shop, with the usual prices and purchasing options.
- Forged in the Barrens cards are craftable for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust.
- For as long as Forged in the Barrens is the latest expansion, the guaranteed card pack from each Arena run is from the expansion. Once the next expansion comes out, second card packs will have a chance to be Forged in the Barrens packs.
- The Highest Rank Bonus chest has a chance to award golden Forged in the Barrens cards.
- Prior to the expansion's release, players were able to purchase one or both of the following bundles:
- Forged in the Barrens Bundle costs $49.99 USD; it comes with 60 Forged in the Barrens card packs, two random Legendary cards from Forged in the Barrens, and the unique Hamuul Runetotem card back.
- Forged in the Barrens Mega Bundle costs $79.99 USD; it comes with 80 Forged in the Barrens card packs, two random Golden Legendary cards from Forged in the Barrens, the unique Hamuul Runetotem card back, and the alternate druid hero Hamuul Runetotem.
Cards[edit | edit source]
This expansion features 135 collectible cards. Forged in the Barrens cards can be recognized with a special watermark (the Horde symbol) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Common (? cards)
- Rare (? cards)
- Epic (? cards)
- Legendary (? cards)
Class cards[edit | edit source]
Demon Hunter[edit | edit source]
Druid[edit | edit source]
- Choice cards
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Mage[edit | edit source]
Paladin[edit | edit source]
Priest[edit | edit source]
Rogue[edit | edit source]
Shaman[edit | edit source]
Warlock[edit | edit source]
Warrior[edit | edit source]
Themes[edit | edit source]
Frenzy[edit | edit source]
The dangerous conditions of the Barrens can turn even the docile plainstrider into a deadly whirlwind of talon and feather. Minions with the Frenzy keyword will trigger powerful effects the first time they survive damage.
Ranked Spells[edit | edit source]
Take your magical mastery from apprentice to artisan! With a new card for every class, Ranked Spells will level up as you reach 5 and 10 Mana Crystals.
Mercenary Minions[edit | edit source]
There’s no shortage of swords-for-hire within the Alliance and Horde. These class-specific Legendary minions are itching to show their worth in a scuffle and in the Tavern.
Trailers[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- The Barrens is a large zone in central Kalimdor controlled mostly by the Horde. It is a massive savanna, with a few oases in the north-central region around the Crossroads. Before the upheaval, several large kaldorei cities stood here. Now, those brave few willing to scrape out a life on the arid plains inevitably run afoul of centaur warbands or quilboar raiding parties. Despite its often uninviting terrain and hostile inhabitants, the Barrens receive a good deal of interest from Alliance and Horde alike, as well as races native to Kalimdor. Trade routes crisscross the landscape leading to and from more inviting regions, and the most notable route is the Gold Road that runs north-to-south through the Barrens and beyond. Rumours suggest that precious minerals and treasure-filled ruins await those with the courage to investigate.
- The day before the Cataclysm, Alliance forces streamed out of Northwatch and marched up the Gold Road, besieging Crossroads as dusk fell. Then, in the heart of the night, they force-marched southward, leaving their campfires burning behind in order to surprise attack Honor's Stand at dawn's first light.
- After the Cataclysm, the Barrens was split in two with a lava river separating the Northern Barrens and Southern Barrens. Southern Barrens is a generic term for all the lands on the southern part of the Great Divide. This region is not only one of the most hardest hit by the Cataclysm, but also is one of the biggest war zones in the escalating conflict between the Alliance and Horde. In the wake of the Cataclysm, the Alliance has been pushing into the Barrens in retaliation to the aggression of the Horde's new Warchief.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
- Gather your gear and hold fast to your ambition, newcomer. This is the Barrens. The road before us winds through vast, sun-scorched lands, bringing danger and discovery beyond imagination’s grasp. Thorned dens of bristling quilboar, rampaging tribes of furious centaur, and treetop nests of soaring harpies separate the champions from the weak. The Barrens are the anvil upon which the Horde as we know it was founded: A literal crossroads where the tauren, trolls, and orcs came together for the first time. Heroes are made here. Perhaps you, too, shall be Forged in the Barrens.
- Meet the Mercenaries
- There’s no shortage of swords-for-hire within the Alliance and Horde. Forged in the Barrens introduces 10 Legendary Mercenary minions, each representing a different class, whose stories will play out across the Year of the Gryphon in an all-new year-long narrative!
History[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
References[edit | edit source]
- Official site - Forged in the Barrens. Retrieved on 2021-02-20.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2021-02-19). Announcing Forged in the Barrens - Hearthstone's Newest Expansion. Retrieved on 2020-02-20.
[edit | edit source]
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)