|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute, Spend mana|
Battlecry: Spend all your Mana. Gain +1/+1 for each mana spent.
This Ancient was banned from the local tavern after tucking a 'Dr. Boom' up its sleeve.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Forbidden Ancient||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry has two steps:
- Example: If you have 5 mana and play this card, first you pay its mana cost and then this card's Battlecry consume your remaining 4 mana, resulting in a 5/5 minion.
- Example: Playing this minion in conjunction with Brann Bronzebeard has no additional effect, since its first Battlecry will consume all of your remaining mana, leaving you with 0 remanining mana for the second Battlecry.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Because this minion usually can be played every turn, it fits well in most druid decks, in general in "Curve druid" decks that involve gaining mana crystals faster than your opponent (Wild Growth, Nourish, etc.). There you can simply adjust the amount of mana you are going to make available for this minion, by giving yourself another mana crystal the preliminary turn.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Ancients are demigod-like trees. The wisps act in unison with the night elves and serve to strengthen the demigod-like trees known as the Ancients. The ancients were among the first creatures of Azeroth, the first guardians of its life.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of Whispers of the Old Gods, this is the only of the Forbidden cards to have a mana cost higher than 0. It is also the only minion.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Added.