Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Abilities:||Can't attack heroes, Unlimited attacks|
Unlimited attacks each turn. Can't attack heroes.
A fool and his bane are soon parted.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Fool's Bane||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While this weapon is equipped, the player can attack any number of times without becoming exhausted, but cannot be normally commanded to attack the enemy hero. This can be worked around through the random targeting effects of cards like Mayor Noggenfogger.
- Because of the unique effect of Fool's Bane, it is possible to attack several times with multiple weapons the same turn:
- If you attack with Fool's Bane before equipping another weapon, you can't attack with that weapon anymore that turn.
- However, if you equip Fool's Bane after attacking with another weapon, you can still attack (multiple times) with it.
- This means you can equip two Fool's Banes at 10 Mana Crystals, one after the other, allowing you to attack at least 8 times with your hero that turn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This weapon is a strong choice for board control, but its secondary effect prevents it from being used to whittle down or finish the enemy hero themselves. It is ideally used to clear up to four low-Attack minions in a single turn, or even more with weapon-durability boosting effects like Upgrade!, Captain Greenskin or Bloodsail Cultist. Trading blows with higher-Attack minions, especially multiple blows if their Health is high as well, has the potential to devastate the wielder's own Health. Using this weapon rapidly is also a risk even against weaker minions without additional Armor to mitigate the sudden influx of damage.
Fool's Bane is a high-risk but potentially high-reward tool against Aggro decks, as many of them depend on a great many low-health minions, which this weapon can nearly clear out in one turn. Control Warrior archetypes can thus benefit from this card in conjunction with cards like Shield Block to help with the Armor required for this tactic.
This card has its strongest synergy with Violet Illusionist, allowing the hero to attack and cut down even the strongest minions without suffering any damage.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19921 (2016-08-09): Added.