|Abilities:||Battlecry, Spell Damage, Summon|
Spell Damage +1
Battlecry: Fill your board with 3/6 Water Elementals.
Appears in[edit | edit source]
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Focusing Iris is an orb found in the center of the Eye of Eternity and is used to summon Malygos. An ancient artifact of the blue dragonflight, it is an item of immense arcane power.
- Keys to the Focusing Iris are held by the most ancient members of the blue dragonflight. At minimal power, they can be used to open the iris a fraction, drawing Malygos's ire. Adventurers of the Alliance and Horde did so during the Nexus War which allowed them to engage and kill the blue Aspect with the help of Alexstrasza.
- Reflecting on its misuse in the past and its potential for future misuse, Kalecgos ordered the Focusing Iris moved to a more secure location - encased in enchanted ice, magically warded, and dumped at the bottom of the Frozen Sea. However, the dragons sent to escort it were ambushed and killed by members of the Horde, who stole the Focusing Iris and used it to augment a mana bomb built by Thalen Songweaver to obliterate Theramore Isle.
- While walking through the ruins of her city, Jaina Proudmoore discovered the Focusing Iris at the bottom of the blast crater, and decided to use it to exact vengeance on the Horde. Studying a book of powerful magic originally discovered by Archmage Antonidas, she went to Fray Island and used the Focusing Iris first to summon thousands of water elementals, and then to bind them together into a massive tidal wave with the intention of destroying Orgrimmar. After being talked down by Thrall and Kalecgos, she returned the Focusing Iris to the latter, who decided that the safest place for it would be in the Kirin Tor vaults in Dalaran.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206213 (2020-09-08): Added.